Hugh Grant has revealed his son got so frustrated during a home-schooling session that he stabbed himself in the face with a pen.
Yahoo Celebrity UK
6 days ago
- Drew Barrymore Says Her Kids Don't Like Her Films: 'They Call Them Mom Movies'People via Yahoo News6 days ago
- Golden Globes Final Predictions: Best TV Actor (Limited Series/TV Movie) – I Know This Mark Ruffalo Is TrueVariety via Yahoo News4 hours ago
- Hugh Grant jokes his children ‘don’t get fed’ if they don’t watch his films each nightThe Independent via Yahoo News5 days ago
- Golden Globes nominations 2021: The full list revealedThe Independent via Yahoo News2 days ago
- Mara Wilson pens essay on 'terrifying' mistreatment of Britney Spears, recalls being sexualized as a child starYahoo Celebrity22 hours ago
- Drew Barrymore's daughters created a birthday surprise — and it moved her to tearsTODAY via Yahoo News1 day ago
- Golden Globes 2021 TV predictions: Who will win, who should win, and who deserved a look-in?The Independent via Yahoo News2 days ago
- Golden Globes Final Predictions: Best TV Movie/Limited Series – ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ Checks MateVariety via AOL4 hours ago
- 'Matilda' star Mara Wilson pens essay slamming treatment of child stars, Britney SpearsINSIDER via Yahoo News6 hours ago
Hugh John Mungo Grant (born 9 September 1960) is an English actor. His awards include a Golden Globe Award, a BAFTA Award and an Honorary César.As of 2018, his films have grossed a total of nearly US$3 billion worldwide from 29 theatrical releases.
Hugh Grant, one of Britain's best known faces, has been equally entertaining on-screen as well as in real life, and has had enough sense of humor to survive a media frenzy.
- Early life
- Acting career
- Personal life
He was born Hugh John Mungo Grant on September 9, 1960, in Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom. His mother, Fyvola Susan (MacLean), was a teacher. His father, James Murray Grant, was an artist and carpet salesman, and his grandfather was in the British Army during WWII. He is of mostly Scottish and English descent, with many recent ancestors who were prominent in the military. Young Grant was fond of literature and acting. He won a scholarship to Oxford, going up to New College in 1979. There he was involved in student drama, and considered a career as an art historian. After Oxford, he turned down a scholarship to do postgraduate studies in Art History at the Courtauld Institute in London, and focused on his acting career. In 1982, while still a student, Grant made his big screen debut in Privileged (1982) by director Michael Hoffman.
Grant's breakthrough came with the leading role as Charles in Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994), opposite Andie MacDowell, a role which won him a Golden Globe Award, as well as a BAFTA Film Award for Best Actor. During the 1990s Grant established himself as a very original and resourceful actor. He played a string of characters projecting a positive mindset, showing how do you stay optimistic when you are actually worried about a cascade of troubles. Grant had his own experience as a survivor of an unfortunate episode in his private life, which he managed to overcome thanks to having a pretty damn good outlook on life.
His forte is playing characters projecting warmth and sincere happiness, with his hallmark stuttering, albeit some accused him of reprising the same character he has been playing for the past two decades. Grant's ability to show his character development within a limited screen time shines in Love Actually (2003), with his witty portrayal of a Prime Minister whose personal insecurities become intertwined with his country's international affairs, a performance that earned him a nomination for European Audience Award. His screen presence and skillful understatement takes his characters beyond the written script, thanks to his mastery of timing and effortless style.
Outside of his acting profession, Grant has been a good athlete, he played cricket and football in his younger years. He enjoys playing golf, frequently taking part in Pro-Am tournaments. He has been an avid art lover since his younger years, and has been collecting fine art, a passion he inherited from his father.
Hugh Grant received his sixth Golden Globe nomination for The Undoing, a harrowing drama series on HBO Max.One tabloid claims the show changed Grant’s life for the worse, and he’s been ...
Jan 30, 2020 · Hugh Grant is a Golden Globe Award-winning British actor who starred in 'Four Weddings and a Funeral,' the film adaptation of 'Bridget Jones's Diary' and 'Florence Foster Jenkins.' Who Is Hugh...
Feb 18, 2021 · Hugh Grant in London in 2020 (Vianney Le Caer/Invision/AP) Hugh Grant has revealed his son got so frustrated during a home-schooling session that he stabbed himself in the face with a pen. The Undoing star, 60, said his son was trying to solve a maths problem when it happened .
Dec 01, 2020 · Grant is a dad to five children. Despite trying to stay unplugged as much as possible, Grant said he got lost again in Twitter during Sunday's finale, scrolling to see what viewers were saying as...
Oct 14, 2020 · Love Actually star Hugh Grant has previously opened up about his family in an interview with Chris Evans. The actor, who is set to appear on BBC Two's A Life on Screen, is usually notoriously...
Feel-Good results for Hugh Grant
- related to: Hugh Grant
spokeo.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month