McAvoy was born on 21 April 1979 in Glasgow, Scotland, to Elizabeth (née Johnstone), a nurse, and James McAvoy senior, a bus driver. He was raised on a housing estate in Drumchapel, Glasgow by his maternal grandparents (James, a butcher, and Mary), after his parents divorced when James was 11.
James McAvoy (/ ˈmækəvɔɪ /; born 21 April 1979) is a Scottish actor. He made his acting debut as a teen in The Near Room (1995) and made mostly television appearances until 2003, when his feature film career began.
- James McAvoy Plays Stephen Colbert's Lightning Roundyoutube.com
- James McAvoy talks about how "anything can happen" on stage | Cyrano de Bergerac interviewyoutube.com
- James McAvoy on 'Cyrano de Bergerac' | Interviewyoutube.com
- His Dark Materials: James McAvoy: Bringing Lord Asriel to Life | HBOyoutube.com
4m Followers, 588 Following, 435 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from James Mcavoy (@jamesmcavoyrealdeal)
Mini Bio (1) McAvoy was born on 21 April 1979 in Glasgow, Scotland, to Elizabeth (née Johnstone), a nurse, and James McAvoy senior, a bus driver. He was raised on a housing estate in Drumchapel, Glasgow by his maternal grandparents (James, a butcher, and Mary), after his parents divorced when James was 11.
Sep 01, 2020 · Academy Award-nominated actor James McAvoy may be one of the most successful stars to rise out of Glasgow, Scotland, starring in fruitful films such as Filth, X-Men, Split, Atonement, and countless others. James McAvoy was born on April 21, 1979 in Glasgow, Scotland to Elizabeth, a nurse, and James McAvoy senior, a bus driver.
Learn more about James McAvoy at TVGuide.com with exclusive news, full bio and filmography as well as photos, videos, and more.
- Scotstoun, Glasgow, Scotland
Jul 17, 2020 · Settled: James McAvoy has revealed that he and partner Lisa Liberati have finally been able to move into a big new house in London following lockdown Although James was married at the time to...
- 33 sec
James McAvoy full list of movies and tv shows in theaters, in production and upcoming films.
- He was raised by his grandparents. James McAvoy was born in Glasgow, Scotland, to a psychiatric nurse and a builder. However, his parents split when he was seven, and because his mother was in poor health, McAvoy and his sister went to live with their maternal grandparents.
- He considered becoming a priest. McAvoy was brought up in the Roman Catholic church, but that wasn’t the reason he considered becoming a priest. Long before he decided to go the drama school route, he considered entering the priesthood because he thought it would give him an excuse to travel the world.
- He married his on-screen love interest.
- Acting was never his plan. In addition to the priesthood, McAvoy considered a few others careers before he settled on acting. In fact, acting kind of happened by accident.
Jun 18, 2020 · Truth About James McAvoy and Anne-Marie Duff’s Divorce He may no longer look like it, but before James McAvoy became an international movie star, he was a young and relatively unknown actor on the Showtime long-running series, Shameless. There, he met Anne-Marie Duff, who was part of the cast of the show.