- related to: Jerome Powell
The U.S. economy is "much improved," Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said on Monday, while warning that the recovery is still "far from complete." Powell calls cryptocurrencies 'not really...
2 days ago · Federal Reserve head Jerome Powell says vaccination efforts key to global economic recovery. By Sarah Ewall-Wice April 8, 2021 / 2:32 PM / CBS News
- Early career
- Early life and education
Jerome H. Powell took office as Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System on February 5, 2018, for a four-year term. Mr. Powell also serves as Chairman of the Federal Open Market Committee, the System's principal monetary policymaking body. Mr. Powell has served as a member of the Board of Governors since taking office on May 25, 2012, to fill an unexpired term. He was reappointed to the Board and sworn in on June 16, 2014, for a term ending January 31, 2028.
Prior to his appointment to the Board, Mr. Powell was a visiting scholar at the Bipartisan Policy Center in Washington, D.C., where he focused on federal and state fiscal issues. From 1997 through 2005, Mr. Powell was a partner at the Carlyle Group. Mr. Powell served as an assistant secretary and as undersecretary of the Treasury under President George H.W. Bush, with responsibility for policy on financial institutions, the Treasury debt market, and related areas. Prior to joining the Bush administration, Mr. Powell worked as a lawyer and investment banker in New York City.
In addition to service on corporate boards, he has served on the boards of charitable and educational institutions, including the Bendheim Center for Finance at Princeton University and the Nature Conservancy of Washington, D.C., and Maryland.
Mr. Powell was born in February 1953 in Washington, D.C. He received an AB in politics from Princeton University in 1975 and earned a law degree from Georgetown University in 1979. While at Georgetown, he was editor-in-chief of the Georgetown Law Journal.
- Talis Shelbourne
- February 4, 1953
- He Is Incredibly Wealthy. According to documents from the U.S. Office of Government Ethics, Powell’s net worth was at least $55 million in 2018 and could have been as high as $100 million.
- His Wife Is An Accomplished Producer/Writer. Powell is married to Elissa Leonard, a producer/writer and Harvard University graduate. The two have been married since 1985 and live in Chevy Chase Village, Maryland.
- He Has Had A Tenuous Relationship with President Trump. During trade negotiations with China, Trump often expressed disappointment with Powell’s cautious approach to cutting interest rates, which would boost the economy by potentially lowering interest rates for all forms of borrowing throughout the country.
- His Outlook on the Economy Has Gotten Increasingly Worse. As the pandemic has gotten increasingly worse, Powell’s outlook on the economy has followed.
Mar 24, 2021 · Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Jerome H. Powell, the Federal Reserve chair, will appear again before Congress on Wednesday, this time before the Senate Banking Committee. On Tuesday, Ms ...
- Jeanna Smialek
Oct 27, 2020 · Federal Reserve chair Jerome Powell was made for this moment. As chairman of the Federal Reserve during the global pandemic, Jerome Powell has managed to do something almost unimaginable in ...
- Josh Barro
2 days ago · A full rebound from the coronavirus recession won't be as simple as recouping every lost job, Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said Thursday. The US economy is decidedly on the path to recovery.
2 days ago · Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell discussed economic policy with global financial leaders in a virtual event hosted by the International Monetary Fund. Chair Powell, IMF Managing Director ...
- 210 min
- related to: Jerome Powell
beenverified.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
Spokeo.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month