Joan Jett (born Joan Marie Larkin, September 22, 1958) is an American rock singer, songwriter, composer, musician, record producer, and actress. Jett is best known for her work as the frontwoman of her band Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, and for earlier founding and performing with the Runaways, which recorded and released the hit song "Cherry Bomb".
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Hate Myself for Loving You (Official Video)youtube.com
- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Video)youtube.com
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts "Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)" OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEOyoutube.com
- Miley Cyrus and Joan Jett - Super Bowl Pre-Show Performancemsn.com
Jul 21, 2020 · Joan Jett was born Joan Marie Larkin on September 22, 1958, in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania. She asked for and received her first guitar for Christmas when she was 13 years old and was told at her first lesson that "girls can't play rock and roll," according to the 2018 documentary Bad Reputation. Luckily, Joan didn't listen and kept rocking.
Joan Jett rose to fame in the 1970s all-girl rock band The Runaways. Her cover of "I Love Rock and Roll" was a number one hit in 1982; "Crimson and Clover" was another hit for her. Jett has appeared as Columbia in the Broadway production of "The Rocky Horror Show". See full bio »
As part of its ongoing efforts to promote diversity in powersports, BRP is collaborating with rock icon Joan Jett and hip-hop visionary SAINt JHN.
1 hour ago
- BRP Partners with JOAN JETT & SAINt JHN for Can-Am’s “Outliers” CampaignwebBikeWorld24 hours ago
- Joan Jett’s 1st Band Refused to Record ‘I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll’ for 1 ReasonThe Cheat Sheet3 days ago
- Bruce Springsteen, Little Steven, Joan Jett to Appear Virtually for New Jersey’s ‘Light of Day’ EventVariety2 weeks ago
- Mötley Crüe Announces 2021 Concert Dates With Joan Jett, Def Leppard & PoisonMötley Crüe is joining Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, Def Leppard and Poison on a tour across the United States this summer after the Covid-19 pandemic forced the rock bands to reschedule their shows. Get Deals On Motley Crue Concert Tickets Here!IMDb2 weeks ago
Aug 07, 2020 · As frontwoman for the Runaways, Joan Jett became a female pioneer in the male-dominated world of rock music. Who Is Joan Jett? Joan Jett is a singer, songwriter and producer who entered the music...
- Cherry Bomb. ‘Cherry Bomb’ is one of the most popular and flammable rock and roll songs ever released. Thirty-seven years later, the mentality and strength these teenage girls might dish out are still amazing.
- Bad Reputation. The 1981 LP The Blackhearts title song is a raucous trip of super-charged rock and roll. Jett proves a force to be reckoned with by using a Ramones-inspired template.
- I Love Rock ‘N Roll. This is the one that has sealed the deal and turned Joan Jett into a genuine rock star. It was first reported by the U.K. In 1975, the Arrows band struggled to chart their single in their homeland and had never even been released on the stateside.
- I Love Playin’ With Fire. While Joan subsequently re-recorded this song for her 1983 release, ‘Release,’ it is the original version of Runaways that wins hands down.
- The Jett Set. Born Joan Larkin, the singer took the name Joan Jett after her parents’ divorce. Jett was actually her mother’s maiden name. She legally changed her name to Joan Jett in the 1980s.
- Going to California. Jett was born in Pennsylvania and spent her early childhood in Maryland. Her parents moved to West Covina, California while she was in high school.
- An Axe to Grind. Jett was given her first guitar at the age of 13. When her guitar teacher insisted on teaching her folk songs, she quit taking lessons and began teaching herself.
- It’s Over When the Fat Lady Sings. Jett also took voice lessons. Her teacher, a professional opera singer, threw her out because of her punky clothes.
- I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll (1981 – I Love Rock ‘n Roll) Probably the most well known of all Joan Jett songs, the song was actually originally recorded by the British group The Arrows in 1975.
- Cherry Bomb (1976 – The Runaways) The only Joan Jett song on our list from when she was with her first band the Runaways. The song was composed by Joan Jett and the band’s then-manager, Kim Fowley.
- Bad Reputation (1981 – Bad Reputation) If there’s any song that is emblematic of where Joan Jett fits into the rock ‘n’ roll scene, it’s this song. It was one of the band’s true hard-rocking hits and one of our favorite Joan Jett songs of all time.
- Little Liar (1988 – Up Your Alley) This was one of the first Joan Jett songs that became a music video for MTV, having just become popular in the late 1980s.
Jun 14, 2019 · Joan Jett and John Lydon are rumored to have hooked up in January 1978. John Joseph Lydon (born 31 January 1956), also known by his stage name Johnny Rotten, is an English singer, songwriter and musician.
Feel-Good results for Joan Jett