John C. Reilly, Actor: Chicago. Character actor, dramatic leading man, or hilarious comic foil? With an astonishing range of roles already under his belt, John C. Reilly has played an eclectic host of rich characters to great effect over the years, from seedy ne'er-do-wells, to lovable, good-natured schlepps. The fifth of six children, John Christopher Reilly was born in Chicago,...
- John C. Reilly Pays Tribute to Steve Coogan with Funny Speech | 2019 BAFTA Britannia Awardsyoutube.com
- Sarah Silverman & John C. Reilly Answer the Web's Most Searched Questions | WIREDyoutube.com
- Will Ferrell & John C. Reilly on Their Friendship & Living in Englandyoutube.com
- John C. Reilly: Those 'Stepbrothers' Farts Were Realyoutube.com
John Christopher Reilly (born May 24, 1965) is an American actor, comedian, singer, screenwriter, musician, and producer. After his film debut Casualties of War (1989), he gained exposure through his supporting roles in Days of Thunder (1990), What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993) and The River Wild (1994).
- Early life
- Awards and nominations
- Later career
Character actor, dramatic leading man, or hilarious comic foil? With an astonishing range of roles already under his belt, John C. Reilly has played an eclectic host of rich characters to great effect over the years, from seedy ne'er-do-wells, to lovable, good-natured schlepps.
The fifth of six children, John Christopher Reilly was born in Chicago, to a father of mostly Irish descent, and a Lithuanian-American mother, and was brought up on Chicago's tough Southwest territory. His father, also named John, ran an industrial linen supply company business. On the amateur stage from age eight, Reilly trained at the Goodman School of Drama and eventually became a member of Chicago's renowned Steppenwolf Theatre.
His film break came with a small role in the Vietnam War drama Casualties of War (1989), wherein Brian De Palma liked his work so much during the early stages that he recast him in a major role by the start of shooting as a soldier bent on rape. Reilly gained momentum throughout the 1990s and showed his dazzling stretch of talent in such films as Days of Thunder (1990), Shadows and Fog (1991), What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993) and The River Wild (1994). He became a major stock player in director Paul Thomas Anderson's films, while finding some of his best roles in Hard Eight (1996) as a compulsive gambler, Boogie Nights (1997) in which he played a narcissistic porn star, and in Magnolia (1999) as a compassionate policeman. He went on to earn further critical points for his role of the soldier sent to the front lines in Terrence Malick's war epic The Thin Red Line (1998).
On stage, Reilly has wowed audiences in \\"The Grapes of Wrath\\" on Broadway, \\"A Streetcar Named Desire\\" and \\"Othello\\" at Steppenwolf, and earned an Outer Critics Circle Award and Tony nomination for \\"True West\\" alongside another impeccable character player Philip Seymour Hoffman. Reilly finally received the film recognition he deserved in 2002 with a slew of choice, high-profile parts in The Hours (2002), The Good Girl (2002), Gangs of New York (2002), and especially Chicago (2002) as the put-upon husband, Amos Hart, who is played for a patsy by murderous wife Roxie (Renée Zellweger). For this last part, he received both Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations for Best Supporting Actor.
Since then his stock has risen considerably, and he has further widened his cinematic repertoire, appearing in everything from dramatic roles - We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011), The Aviator (2004) and Carnage (2011) - to broader comic turns - Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (2007), Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006), Step Brothers (2008), Cyrus (2010) and Cedar Rapids (2011). Most recently, he has voiced the lead in Disney's animated smash Wreck-It Ralph (2012).
John C. Reilly Celebrity Profile - Check out the latest John C. Reilly photo gallery, biography, pics, pictures, interviews, news, forums and blogs at Rotten Tomatoes!
John C. Reilly full list of movies and tv shows in theaters, in production and upcoming films.
On 24-5-1965 John C. Reilly (nickname: John) was born in Chicago, Illinois, United States. He made his 45 million dollar fortune with The Thin Red Line, Frank's Book, Entertainment. The actor, musician & writer is married to , his starsign is Gemini and he is now 55 years of age.
Jun 23, 2019 · John C. Reilly’s character isn’t the lead, as the focus is more on the relationship between disturbed child Ezra Miller and driven-to-breaking-point mother Tilda Swinton. But Reilly does an admirable job as the calm voice of reason caught in the middle of these two contentious characters.
- Ben Sherlock
John C Reilly's Height 6ft 1 ½ (186.7 cm) American actor, best known for appearing in films such as Boogie Nights, Wreck-It Ralph, Step Brothers, The Aviator, Kong: Skull Island, Magnolia, Guardians of the Galaxy, Chicago and Cyrus.
- He’s always trying to do something different to keep life interesting. He doesn’t like to remain static in the things he does and is always trying to find something new to do, some method or technique or role that can make him stand out and give the audience a new idea to grasp.
- People still have a hard time placing where they’ve seen him. It’s kind of hard to believe this but he’s stayed in the forefront as well as in the background during some of his movies and people will still have a tough time placing him when they see John on screen.
- John likes to be able to surprise his fans with what’s coming next. He doesn’t want the fans being able to predict what’s coming. This is one reason why he’s so diverse and why he’ll show up occasionally in very different films in a different role than people are used to seeing him.
- There is a reason why he uses his middle initial for billing. The middle initial stands for Christopher and he had to add it apparently because there was another actor with the same name as him and the Screen Actor’s Guild made it a point to have him add his middle initial so that there would be less confusion.
Feel-Good results for John C. Reilly
The internet is freaking out about John C. Reilly's gorgeous model-singer son: Photos Marisa Laudadio 2/27/2020 A large majority of driver's license suspensions in New Jersey have nothing to do ...
- 3 min
- Marisa Laudadio