Official website of the senior U.S. Senator for Texas. Pursuant to Senate Policy, petitions, opinion polls and unsolicited mass electronic communications cannot be initiated by this office for the 60-day period immediately before the date of a primary or general election.
Contact John Cornyn. Get in Touch. To contact Senator...
- For Texans
Southeast Texas: 5300 Memorial Drive Suite 980 Houston, TX...
- About John Cornyn
About John Cornyn. Biography. Download Official Portrait....
Senators who spearheaded Save Our Stages legislation issue open letter to Coronavirus Response Coordinator Jeff Zients
4 hours ago
- User Clip: Sen. Cornyn mentions new GW PoE reportC-SPAN4 hours ago
- Cornyn: Mission Awarded $80K Federal Grant for firefighter preparedness programKRGV4 hours ago
- Cruz votes against attorney general nominee Merrick Garland, Cornyn supports Biden pickDallas Morning News1 day ago
- Sen. John Cornyn wants to join Bidens on Houston trip to examine storm aftermathUSA Today on MSN.com5 days ago
Meet John Senator Cornyn is a strong leader with a proven record of accomplishments.
John Cornyn III (/ ˈ k ɔːr n ɪ n / CORN-in; born February 2, 1952) is an American politician and attorney serving as the senior United States Senator for Texas since 2002. He was the Republican Senate Majority Whip for the 114th and 115th Congresses.
Drop us a Line! Paid for by Texans for Senator John Cornyn, Inc.
- Campaign Themes
- Campaign Donors
After earning his J.D. from St. Mary’s School of Law, Cornyn became an attorney. He went on to become district court judge for Bexar County, TX, and then Texas Supreme Court justice, before running for the U.S. Senate.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Cornyn's academic, professional, and political career: 1. 2002-Present: U.S. Senator from Texas 2. 1999-2002: Texas state attorney general 3. 1990-1997: Texas supreme court 4. 1984-1990: Bexar County district court judge
On June 30, 2014, President Barack Obamaannounced plans to take executive action on immigration reform. Obama blamed House Republicans for failing to act on this issue and said that he would do it on his own without Congress. This came after thousands of unaccompanied children showed up at the U.S. border. Cornyn was one of many GOP leaders in Texas who responded negatively to Obama's decision. He issued the following statement, "It’s painfully clear that the President’s previous ‘administrat...
Ideology and leadership
1. 1.1. See also: GovTrack's Political Spectrum & Legislative Leadership ranking Based on an analysis of bill sponsorship by GovTrack, Cornyn was a rank-and-file Republicanas of July 2014. This was the same rating Cornyn received in June 2013.
The website OpenCongresstracks the voting records of each member to determine with whom he or she votes most and least often. The results include a member from each party.
Lifetime voting record
1. 1.1. See also: Lifetime voting records of United States Senators and Representatives According to the website GovTrack,Cornyn missed 84 of 4,086 roll call votes from January 2003 to September 2015. This amounts to 2.1 percent, which is worse than the median of 1.6 percent among current senators as of September 2015.
Jul 19, 2018 · John Cornyn was bad for Texas long before Donald Trump was elected. Cornyn was cheerfully selling out Texas to his rich backers in the oil and gas industry all those years, pretending to have some (so-called) conservative principles in his role as senior Senator from the great state of Texas.
Feb 21, 2021 · AUSTIN (KXAN) — As several state, local and national politicians move to help Texans receive winter storm aid, many in the Lone Star State are noting the “ silence ” of Republican Senator John...
Feb 26, 2021 · WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. John Cornyn announced Thursday that he is working on legislation to help weatherize the Texas electrical grid by creating a new federal grant program at the Department of ...
- related to: John Cornyn
TruthFinder.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
spokeo.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month