Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio was born on November 11, 1974 in Los Angeles, California, the only child of Irmelin (née Indenbirken), a legal secretary, and George DiCaprio, an underground comix writer, publisher, and distributor of comic books.
As Leo's career continued to ascend, the comments about our similarities began to happen daily. I would get stopped at the supermarket, I couldn't really go anywhere without being mistaken for him.
Newsweek on MSN.com
7 hours ago
Leonardo DiCaprio, Actor: Inception. Few actors in the world have had a career quite as diverse as Leonardo DiCaprio's. DiCaprio has gone from relatively humble beginnings, as a supporting cast member of the sitcom Growing Pains (1985) and low budget horror movies, such as Critters 3 (1991), to a major teenage heartthrob in the 1990s, as the hunky lead actor in movies such as Romeo +...
The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation is dedicated to the long-term health and wellbeing of all Earth’s inhabitants. Through collaborative partnerships, we support innovative projects that protect vulnerable wildlife from extinction, while restoring balance to threatened ecosystems and communities.
Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio was born November 11, 1974 in Los Angeles, California, the only child of Irmelin DiCaprio (née Indenbirken) and former comic book artist George DiCaprio. His father is of Italian and German descent, and his mother, who is German-born, is of German and Russian ancestry.
- Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio
- LeoLenny D
- 6' (1.83 m)
The official website for Leonardo DiCaprio, featuring archived film photos, trailers, and information; biography; and related news both for Leonardo's acting and producing projects as well as the work of the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation.
75 Metascore. Barely 21 yet, Frank is a skilled forger who has passed as a doctor, lawyer and pilot. FBI agent Carl becomes obsessed with tracking down the con man, who only revels in the pursuit. Director: Steven Spielberg | Stars: Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, Christopher Walken, Martin Sheen. Votes: 861,709 | Gross: $164.62M.
Leonardo DiCaprio is an American actor who began his career performing as a child on television. He appeared on the shows The New Lassie (1989) and Santa Barbara (1990) and also had long running roles in the comedy-drama Parenthood (1990) and the sitcom Growing Pains (1991).
- 'This Boy's Life' Proving he was more than a just good-looking teenager, DiCaprio starred opposite Robert De Niro in This Boy's Life. The film delved into the difficult relationship between a young boy and his abusive stepfather in this adaptation of Tobias Wolff's memoir.
- 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape? ' DiCaprio turned heads again with his performance in What's Eating Gilbert Grape? (1993), co-starring Johnny Depp. His portrayal of a child with mental disabilities earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor.
- 'The Basketball Diaries' and 'Romeo + Juliet' DiCaprio continued to pursue interesting and diverse film projects: He starred in the 1995 coming-of-age drama The Basketball Diaries and worked with Russell Crowe, Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman on the Western The Quick and the Dead that same year.
- 'Titanic' It was another tragic love story that helped propel DiCaprio's career to a new level in 1997. He co-starred with Kate Winslet in James Cameron's Titanic, about the sinking of the titular ocean liner.
Leonardo DiCaprio is one of the most identified environmentalists among celebrities and has become an iconic face in the climate change movement. For DiCaprio, the environment is more important than spirituality. To promote environmental awareness, he established the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation in 1998.
- November 11, 1974 (Monday)
- Dark Brown