- 1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death: "the origins of life" Similar Opposite
- 2. the existence of an individual human being or animal: "a disaster that claimed the lives of 266 Americans" Similar
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
Life definition is - the quality that distinguishes a vital and functional being from a dead body. How to use life in a sentence.
noun, plural lives [lahyvz]. the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.
To celebrate this iconic character, LIFE pays tribute to all the actors who have portrayed Bond. A special section on the history of the Bond franchise provides rare photographs from on the set and off and yields inside intelligence on each film’s behind-the-scenes politics, business deals, and casting calls.
Life comprises individuals, living beings, assignable to groups (taxa). Each individual is composed of one or more minimal living units, called cells, and is capable of transformation of carbon -based and other compounds (metabolism), growth, and participation in reproductive acts.
People also ask
What is the medical definition of life?
Can You Tell Me the meaning of life?
What is the meaning of life in general?
Which is the best definition of the word lifetime?
"Life" is a Universal Media Studios production. Creator Rand Ravich is executive producer and writer; Shariat is also executive producer and writer, and Dan Sackheim serves as executive producer...
The LIFE Picture Collection is the visual chronicle of the 20 th century and one of the most important photographic archives in the United States. From 1936 to 2000, LIFE commissioned more than 10 million photographs across 120,000 stories. At its height, LIFE magazine’s incomparable images and essays reached 1 of 3 American readers.
- “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
- “You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.”
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” ― Mae West.
- “In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” ― Robert Frost.
- related to: Life