Louis IX (25 April 1214 – 25 August 1270), commonly known as Saint Louis or Louis the Saint, is the only king of France to be canonized in the Catholic Church.Louis was crowned in Reims at the age of 12, following the death of his father Louis VIII; his mother, Blanche of Castile, ruled the kingdom as regent until he reached maturity, and then remained his valued adviser until her death.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_IX_of_France
- Early life
- Patron of arts and arbiter of Europe
Louis IX, commonly known as Saint Louis or Louis the Saint, is the only king of France to be canonized in the Catholic Church. Louis was crowned in Reims at the age of 12, following the death of his father Louis VIII; his mother, Blanche of Castile, ruled the kingdom as regent until he reached maturity, and then remained his valued adviser until her death. During Louis' childhood, Blanche dealt with the opposition of rebellious vassals and obtained a definitive victory in the Albigensian Crusade
Much of what is known of Louis's life comes from Jean de Joinville's famous Life of Saint Louis. Joinville was a close friend, confidant, and counselor to the king. He participated as a witness in the papal inquest into Louis's life that resulted in his canonisation in 1297 by Pope Boniface VIII. Two other important biographies were written by the king's confessor, Geoffrey of Beaulieu, and his chaplain, William of Chartres. While several individuals wrote biographies in the decades following th
Louis was born on 25 April 1214 at Poissy, near Paris, the son of Louis the Lion and Blanche of Castile, and was baptised there in La Collégiale Notre-Dame church. His grandfather on his father's side was Philip II, king of France; while his grandfather on his mother's side was Alfonso VIII, king of Castile. Tutors of Blanche's choosing taught him most of what a king must know—Latin, public speaking, writing, military arts, and government. He was nine years old when his grandfather ...
On 27 May 1234, Louis married Margaret of Provence; she was crowned in the cathedral of Sens the next day. Louis's marriage had political connections, as his wife was sister to Eleanor, who later married Henry III of England. The new queen's religious zeal made her a well-suited partner for the king. He enjoyed her company, and was pleased to show her the many public works he was making in Paris, both for its defence and for its health. They enjoyed riding together, reading, and listening to mus
When Louis was 15, his mother brought an end to the Albigensian Crusade in 1229. She signed an agreement with Count Raymond VII, Count of Toulouse, which cleared the latter's father of wrongdoing. Raymond VI, Count of Toulouse had been suspected of murdering a preacher on a mission to convert the Cathars. Louis went on two crusades: in his mid-30s in 1248, and then again in his mid-50s in 1270.
Louis's patronage of the arts inspired much innovation in Gothic art and architecture. The style of his court was influential throughout Europe, both because of artwork purchased from Parisian masters for export, and by the marriage of the king's daughters and female relatives to foreign husbands. They became emissaries of Parisian models and styles elsewhere. Louis's personal chapel, the Sainte-Chapelle in Paris, which was known for its intricate stained-glass windows, was copied more than once
5 days ago · Louis XV (15 February 1710 – 10 May 1774), known as Louis the Beloved (French: le Bien-Aimé), was King of France from 1 September 1715 until his death in 1774. He succeeded his great-grandfather Louis XIV at the age of five.
6 days ago · A rebelião de Hugo X de Lusignan permitiu-lhe estabelecer a autoridade real em uma curta campanha, de 28 de abril de 1242 a 7 de abril de 1243, e o mesmo tempo aproveitou a situação de vantagem até Quercy (aproximadamente o actual departamento de Lot) para expulsar da lá o rei Henrique III de Inglaterra, que decidira romper a trégua de 1238.
Apr 16, 2021 · Louis de France, Fils de France, le Grand Dauphin: 1 November 1661: 14 April 1711: Marie-Anne de France, Fille de France 16 November 1664: 26 Disember 1664: Marie-Therese de France, Fille de France 2 Januari 1667: 1 Mac 1672: Philippe-Charles de France, Fils de France, Duc d'Anjou 5 Ogos 1668: 10 Julai 1671: Louis-François de France, Fils de ...
6 days ago · Download Louis XIV Outside In: Images of the Sun King Beyond France 1661-1715 (Politics and. Triawrik. 0:31.
- 33 sec
Self-portrait at age sixteenlabel QS:Len,"Self-portrait at age sixteen"label QS:Lpl,"Autoportret w wieku 16 lat"Self-portrait 1781-2, Kimbell Art MuseumSelf-portrait 1782, LondonSelfportrait with daughterlabel QS:Len,"Selfportrait with daughter"label QS:Lpl,"Autoportret z córką" 1786, Louvre Museum
- Self Portraits and Family
- Currently Unknown People
- Other Paintings
1. Antoinette-Elisabeth-Marie d'Aguesseau, comtesse de Ségur (1756–1828) 2. Mme D'Aguesseau 3. Madame d'Aguesseau de Fresnes 4. Isabella Teotochi Albrizzi 5. Ekaterina Vladimirovna Apraksina (nee Golitsyna)label QS:Len,"Ekaterina Vladimirovna Apraksina (nee Golitsyna)"label QS:Lpl,"Ekaterina Vladimirovna Apraksina (z domu Golitsyna)" 6. Ekaterina Vladimirovna Apraksina (nee Golitsyna)label QS:Len,"Ekaterina Vladimirovna Apraksina (nee Golitsyna)"label QS:Lpl,"Ekaterina Vladimirovna Apraksina...
1. Madame du Barry, favorite of king Louis XV 2. Madame du Barry, favorite of king Louis XV 3. Madame du Barry 4. Ivan Baryatinsky 5. Ivan Baryatinsky 6. Anna Beloselskaya-Belozerskaya 7. Pauline de Beaumont 8. Nicolas Beaujon 9. Maria Bilibina 10. Fanny Biron 11. Marie-Louise Sémen de Brémond 12. Adélaïde de la Briche 13. Lord Bristol 14. La Comtesse Bucquoi 1793 15. Lord Byron
1. Charles Alexandre de Calonne 2. Joséphine of Lorraine 3. Angelica Catalani 4. Anna Cetner 5. Comtesse de Cérès 6. Comtesse de Chatenois 7. Comtesse de La Châtre 8. Count Grigory Chernyshev 9. baronne de Crussol 10. Alexandre Charles Emmanuel de Crussol-Florensac 1. Adam Kazimierz Czartoryski 2. Adam Kazimierz Czartoryski 3. Maria Wirtemberska 4. Teresa CzartoryskaCincinnatiLéontine de RivièrePortrait of a young womanPortrait of a young musician, 1777Bacchantelabel QS:Len,"Bacchante"label QS:Lpl,"Bachantka" 1785 (en:Maenad)Flora aka Hebelabel QS:Len,"Flora aka Hebe"label QS:Lpl,"Flora znana jako Hebe"Bacchantelabel QS:Len,"Bacchante"label QS:Lpl,"Bachantka"Elisabeta Alexandrovna Stroganova, painted by Jean-Louis Voille?, sometimes attributed to Elisabeth Vigée-Lebrun (see also: )French actress Louise-Rosalie Dugazon (1755–1821)label QS:Len,"French actress Louise-Rosalie Dugazon (1755–1821)"label QS:Lpl,"Francuska aktorka Louise-Rosalie Dugazon (1755–1821)", painted by Anto...
5 days ago · Discount perfume, cologne, after shave, body lotion, and more! Up to 80% off authentic fragrances from top brands. Free shipping on orders over $35.
Apr 16, 2021 · The penultimate episode of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier gives Marvel fans an unexpected treat in the form of a major cameo. Seinfeld and Veep star Julia Louis-Dreyfus makes her debut as ...
4 days ago · Le Terrible exemplifies the fast, gunboat style of destroyer play found in ships such as the Kiev and Khabarovsk.Having a large surface detection range, somewhat poor torpedoes, and no Smoke Generator consumable, Le Terrible must rely on her guns and pure, blistering speed to have an impact in battle.
2 days ago · Davidoff Perfume & Cologne. 1 ... Le Tour De France Leblon Lilian Barony Linn Young Liz Claiborne Loewe Lolita Lempicka Lomani Lorenzo Villoresi Louis Varel Lovance ...
- related to: Louis X of France
stuccu.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month