Martin Charles Scorsese (/ s k ɔːr ˈ s ɛ s i /, Italian: [skorˈseːze; -eːse]; born November 17, 1942) is an American film director, producer, screenwriter, and actor.One of the major figures of the New Hollywood era, he is widely regarded as one of the most significant and influential directors in film history.
Martin Scorsese, Director: Taxi Driver. Martin Charles Scorsese was born on November 17, 1942 in Queens, New York City, to Catherine Scorsese (née Cappa) and Charles Scorsese, who both worked in Manhattan's garment district, and whose families both came from Palermo, Sicily.
“This film should be played loud!” It’s a cliché now, a concert-movie disclaimer that’s become the equivalent of that hippie-dippy tagline from those Freedom Rock compilation ads (“Well, turn ...
Rolling Stone via Yahoo News
9 hours ago
- Meet your maker: Uncle Frank director Alan Ball on his biggest influencesEntertainment Weekly via Yahoo News15 hours ago
- The 40 best films of the last decade, from Get Out to 12 Years a SlaveThe Independent via Yahoo News17 hours ago
- The 100 best films of the 21st century, according to the criticsThe Independent via Yahoo News16 hours ago
- Kurt Russell was de-aged for Netflix's 'Christmas Chronicles 2' similar to his look in 'Guardians of the Galaxy,' says directorINSIDER via Yahoo News2 days ago
- During this COVID-19 Thanksgiving, have an after-dinner video gatheringUSA TODAY via Yahoo News1 day ago
Arguably one of the greatest directors of all time, Martin Scorsese made some of the most daring films in cinema history. His impressive body of work was a meditation on the visceral nature of ...Tomatometer®Audience ScoreTitleCredit88%56%Executive Producer89%36%Executive Producer92%No Score YetDirector61%79%Executive Producer
Nov 13, 2020 · Martin Scorsese, American filmmaker known for his harsh, often violent depictions of American culture. In terms of artistry, he was perhaps the most significant American director of the late 20th and early 21st centuries. His notable films included Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Goodfellas, The Departed, and The Irishman.
Nov 12, 2020 · Martin Scorsese is known for his gritty, meticulous filmmaking style and is widely considered one of the most important directors of all time. Scorsese's passion for films started at a young age ...
Martin Charles Scorsese was born on November 17, 1942 in Queens, New York City, to Catherine Scorsese (née Cappa) and Charles Scorsese, who both worked in Manhattan's garment district, and whose families both came from Palermo, Sicily. He was raised in the neighborhood of Little Italy, which later provided the inspiration for several of his films.
Martin Scorsese (born November 17, 1942) is an American film director, producer, screenwriter, actor, and film historian whose career spans more than fifty years. Scorsese has directed twenty-five feature length narrative films and sixteen feature length documentary films to date.
- Goodfellas (1990) A young Irish boy finds a love for the mob in his formative years, and gradually works his way up the ladder to become a respected member of a crime family.
- Raging Bull (1980) Martin Scorsese's movie about boxer-turned-comedian Jake LaMotta sounds like a bizarre story from that line alone, but it's far darker than it sounds.
- The Aviator (2004) The Aviator is a biographical film on the life of Howard Hughes that focuses on the era where he became a successful person in the world of film and aviation.
- The Departed (2006) A mole for the mob and a mole for the police attempt to sniff each other out in a cat-and-mouse affair that results in a whole lot of bloodshed.
Feb 10, 2020 · Cathy Scorsese, 54. Like Martin, Cathy followed in her dad’s footsteps and pursued a Hollywood career at a young age. According to IMDb, the beauty is best known for acting in 1982’s The King ...
- Kelly Braun
Feel-Good results for Martin Scorsese