Martin Charles Scorsese (/ s k ɔːr ˈ s ɛ s i /, Italian: [skorˈseːze; -eːse]; born November 17, 1942) is an American film director, producer, screenwriter, and actor.One of the major figures of the New Hollywood era, he is widely regarded as one of the most significant and influential directors in film history.
Martin Scorsese, Director: Taxi Driver. Martin Charles Scorsese was born on November 17, 1942 in Queens, New York City, to Catherine Scorsese (née Cappa) and Charles Scorsese, who both worked in Manhattan's garment district, and whose families both came from Palermo, Sicily.
- Martin Scorsese on Mean Streets, Raging Bull and The Irishman and More | Film Lectureyoutube.com
- Martin Scorsese on comic book heroes, "amusement park films" and The Irishman | *Strong Language*youtube.com
- Martin Scorsese on Working with De Niro, Pacino & Pesci on The Irishmanyoutube.com
- Martin Scorsese Tribute at AFI FEST 2019youtube.com
The most renowned filmmaker of his era, Martin Scorsese virtually defined the state of modern American cinema during the 1970s and '80s. A consummate storyteller and visual stylist who lived and ...
Martin Charles Scorsese was born on November 17, 1942 in Queens, New York City, to Catherine Scorsese (née Cappa) and Charles Scorsese, who both worked in Manhattan's garment district, and whose families both came from Palermo, Sicily. He was raised in the neighborhood of Little Italy, which later provided the inspiration for several of his films.
- CBS News· 2 days ago
Thirty years ago, the critically acclaimed Martin Scorsese epic "Goodfellas" was released, starring...
- Complex· 1 day ago
One of Martin Scorsese's most classic movies is 'Goodfellas'; here are 20 trivia facts you need to...
- Collider· 2 days ago
Glenn Kenny's new book Made Men chronicles the making of Goodfellas and reveals some juicy untold...
- CBS News· 2 days ago
Martin Scorsese, American filmmaker known for his harsh, often violent depictions of American culture. In terms of artistry, he was perhaps the most significant American director of the late 20th and early 21st centuries. His notable films included Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Goodfellas, The Departed, and The Irishman.
Martin Scorsese (born November 17, 1942) is an American film director, producer, screenwriter, actor, and film historian whose career spans more than fifty years. Scorsese has directed twenty-five feature length narrative films and sixteen feature length documentary films to date.
Nov 06, 2019 · Martin Scorsese is known for his gritty, meticulous filmmaking style and is widely considered one of the most important directors of all time. Scorsese's passion for films started at a young age ...
- GoodFellas (1990) Like many certified classics, GoodFellas has been so absorbed by the culture that it now runs the risk of being simplified in our collective consciousness as just a collection of memorable quotes, stylish flourishes, and striking visuals: the “Layla” death montage; “I’m funny how?!?”;
- Taxi Driver (1976) Taxi Driver, like its protagonist, has always felt too real. Its nightmarish vision of New York as a hell that just needs a rain to come down and wash all the scum off the sidewalks is so fully realized that the city has been portrayed alternately as the most horrible and the most wonderful place on earth ever since, as if to either steer into or overcompensate for Scorsese’s depiction.
- Raging Bull (1980) It’s easy to see this movie as the apex of a certain kind of tortured-male cinema: The lead actor gained a ton of weight for the role, the director was working through a spiritual crisis, and the subject was a, yes, raging bull whose athletic prowess couldn’t quell his many personal flaws.
- The King of Comedy (1982) For years, this thorny, proudly unlikable little dark comedy was the go-to Scorsese movie to pick as his most underrated. (It didn’t do great business and wasn’t particularly beloved by critics at the time of its release.)
1 day ago · Martin Scorsese: 'On New York rooftops, we saw heaven' The legendary movie director is filled with nostalgia by photographer Susan Meiselas's book Tar Beach: Life on the Rooftops of Little Italy
Aug 07, 2020 · Martin Scorsese is seen location scouting in Oklahoma for his upcoming film, "Killers of the Flower Moon." [Photo provided by producer Emma Tillinger Koskoff] Iconic filmmaker Martin Scorsese hopes to begin lensing his anticipated adaptation of "Killers of the Flower Moon" in Oklahoma in early 2021, according to the Osage News.