Mary of Teck (Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes; 26 May 1867 – 24 March 1953) was Queen of the United Kingdom and the British Dominions, and Empress of India, from 6 May 1910 until 20 January 1936 as the wife of King-Emperor George V . Born and raised in the United Kingdom, Mary was the daughter of Francis, Duke of Teck ...
Apr 2, 2014 · Name: Mary of Teck Birth Year: 1867 Birth date: May 26, 1867 Birth City: London, England Birth Country: United Kingdom Gender: Female Best Known For: Mary of Teck became Queen Mary, consort...
Mar 20, 2023 · Mary of Teck, in full Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes, (born May 26, 1867, Kensington Palace, London—died March 24, 1953, London), queen consort of King George V of Great Britain and the mother of kings Edward VIII (afterward duke of Windsor) and George VI.
- The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
Mary of Teck (Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes; 26 May 1867 – 24 March 1953) was the queen consort of King George V of the United Kingdom and Emperor of India. She was the mother of Edward VIII later Duke of Windsor George VI and grandmother of Queen Elizabeth II Queen of the United Kingdom and Princess Margaret ...
- 22 June 1911
- 6 May 1910 – 20 January 1936
- 12 December 1911
- Princess Victoria Mary of Teck, 26 May 1867, Kensington Palace, London
- Her Family Tree Was Twisted. Mary of Teck was born into a faded fairy tale. Although she entered the world in 1867 in the same room her cousin Queen Victoria, Mary’s bloodlines were decidedly on the shadowy side of the royal family.
- Her Mother Was Messy. Mary’s mother and father weren’t just from the wrong pedigrees, they also had personal problems in their own right. Despite the fact that the Tecks were purse-poor, the elder Princess Mary was a notorious spender.
- Her Family Disgraced Themselves. While the Teck coffers started to gather cobwebs, Princess Mary kept spending—until it came to a ruinous climax. In 1883, the Tecks had to take their young family and escape to the continent, fleeing from their debtors to try to live cheaply among kind-hearted relatives.
- She Had A Volatile Childhood. Besides her ignominious family stock, Mary’s upbringing was bizarre in other ways. Although the Tecks were back in England by 1885, it still wasn’t a stable life.
Aug 31, 2019 · Fast Facts: Mary of Teck Full Name : Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes of Teck Occupation: Queen of the United Kingdom and Empress of India Born: May 26, 1867 in Kensington Palace, London, England Died: March 24, 1953 in London, England
Apr 26, 2022 · "Mary of Teck (Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes; 26 May 1867 – 24 March 1953) was Queen of the United Kingdom and the British Dominions, and Empress of India, as the wife of King-Emperor George V. Although technically a princess of Teck, in the Kingdom of Württemberg, she was born and brought up in the United Kingdom.