Matthew McConaughey Tweets His Excitement About Arch Manning Joining Texas Longhorns: 'Manning Up'
Arch Manning — the nephew of former Super Bowl champions, Peyton and Eli Manning — is joining Matthew McConaughey's alma mater the University of Texas next season
16 hours ago
Matthew David McConaughey was born on November 4, 1969, in Uvalde, Texas.  His mother, Mary Kathleen (née McCabe), is a published author and a former kindergarten teacher and she taught him.  She was originally from Trenton, New Jersey. 
American actor and producer Matthew David McConaughey was born in Uvalde, Texas. His mother, Mary Kathleen (McCabe), is a substitute school teacher originally from New Jersey. His father, James Donald McConaughey, was a Mississippi-born gas station owner who ran an oil pipe supply business. He is of Irish, Scottish, German, English, and Swedish ...
- 'Dazed and Confused,' 'A Time to Kill' While he had previously appeared in commercials and in small film roles, McConaughey got his first big break in 1993's Dazed and Confused.
- 'Contact' and 'Amistad' Making the cover of Vanity Fair in 1996, McConaughey was seen as a rising star in Hollywood, and he had several dramatic projects that helped further establish his talents as an actor.
- 'EdTV' Returning to his comedic roots, McConaughey starred in 1999's EdTV as a lowly clerk who becomes the star of his own reality show. The film was both a critical and commercial disappointment.
- 'The Wedding Planner' and 'Failure to Launch' Bouncing back, McConaughey emerged as a king of romantic comedies. He starred in The Wedding Planner (2001) with Jennifer Lopez and then in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003) with Kate Hudson.
- Early life
- Acting career
- Early career
American actor and producer Matthew David McConaughey was born in Uvalde, Texas. His mother, Mary Kathleen (McCabe), is a substitute school teacher originally from New Jersey. His father, James Donald McConaughey, was a Mississippi-born gas station owner who ran an oil pipe supply business. He is of Irish, Scottish, English, German, and Swedish des...
He began his acting career in 1991, appearing in student films and commercials in Texas and directed short films as Chicano Chariots (1992). Once, in his hotel bar in Austin, he met the casting director and producer Don Phillips, who introduced him to director Richard Linklater for his next project. At first, Linklater thought Matthew was too hands...
Shortly thereafter, moving to L.A., Matthew became a sensation with his performances in two high-profile 1996 films Lone Star (1996), where he portrayed killing suspected sheriff and in the film adaptation of John Grisham's novel A Time to Kill (1996), where he played an idealistic young lawyer opposite Sandra Bullock and Kevin Spacey. The actor wa...
In 1999, he starred in the comedy Edtv (1999), about the rise of reality television, and in 2000, he headlined Jonathan Mostow's U-571 (2000), portraying officer Lt. Tyler, in a WW II story of the daring mission of American submariners trying to capture the Enigma cipher machine.
- Matthew David McConaughey
- 5' 11¾" (1.82 m)
- November 4, 1969 in Uvalde, Texas, USA
Jun 07, 2022 · Actor Matthew McConaughey delivered impassioned and at-times emotional remarks at the White House press briefing on Tuesday, telling the stories of those who died in the elementary school shooting...