Maya Lakshmi Harris (born January 30, 1967) is an American lawyer, public policy advocate, and television commentator. She is a political analyst for MSNBC and in 2015 was appointed as one of three senior policy advisors to lead the development of an agenda for Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign.
- Maya Rudolph's best ‘SNL’ moments as Kamala Harrisyoutube.com
- Maya Harris Keynote Address at NASALSA Conferenceyoutube.com
- Maya Rudolph on the Possibility of Reprising Her 'SNL' Role as Kamala Harrisyoutube.com
- Maya Rudolph says she is open to return to 'SNL' as Kamala Harrisyoutube.com
We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us.
Aug 13, 2020 · Maya Harris. Maya Harris was born on January 30, 1967, and from Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, U.S. She is an American lawyer, public policy advocate, and television commentator. Furthermore, she’s the best know as the sister of Kamala Harris.
- USA Today on MSN.com· 1 day ago
Maya Rudolph won a Creative Arts Emmy for her "SNL" role as Kamala Harris, and a ceremony gaffe...
- New York Daily News· 2 days ago
Saturday’s honor followed Rudolph’s win on Thursday in the Emmy category for outstanding character...
- Washington Examiner on MSN.com· 1 week ago
Hillary Clinton, Amy Poehler, and Maya Rudolph helped Sen. Kamala Harris, the running mate of...
- USA Today on MSN.com· 1 day ago
- Early Life and Career
- Clinton 2016 Campaign
- Kamala Harris Campaign
Maya Harris was born on January 30, 1967. When she was around three, her mother and father split up. Maya and her older sister Kamala were raised by their mom. As the sisters were growing up, their mother took them to civil rights demonstrations in Berkeley. At 17, Maya had her first child. In 1992, Harris graduated from Stanford Law School. She practiced corporate law and taught law school classes on the side. In 1996, she became the head of the Lincoln Law School which made her one of the youngest law school deans in American history. After her time teaching law school, Harris entered the civil rights and left-wing advocacy arena. She became a senior associate at the advocacy group PolicyLink and later was appointed executive director at the American Civil Liberties Union of Northern California. She would then become vice president for rights, democracy, and justice at the Ford Foundation. She was also a contributor for several books on liberal criminal justice policies. Maya woul...
In 2015, Maya Harris was hired as a senior policy advisor to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign. She was a surprise hire because she was not a part of the “Clinton machine” and in fact her first professional meeting was just a few weeks before Clinton’s Presidential announcement. While working on the campaign, she focused on issues such as immigration, incarceration, the opioid epidemic, urban investment, and abortion rights. Before joining the Clinton campaign, she worked on liberal political and advocacy campaigns in San Francisco. Maya became as Hillary Clinton’s link to the progressive movement. Reportedly due to Maya’s work, the first major speech Hillary Clinton gave as a presidential candidate was a call for criminal justice reform. After Clinton’s defeat in 2016, Maya became a paid contributor and pundit for MSNBC.
In 2019, Maya Harris’s sister, U.S. Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA), announced her bid for President; Maya was appointed the campaign chairwoman. Maya would sometimes attend Harris fundraisers instead of her sister. Maya Harris was reportedly involved in every aspect of her sister’s campaign. She helped raise money, hire campaign staff, draft policies, and helped talk up the campaign to Democratic officeholders and activists in early primary states. Harris’s work helped the campaign secure some early endorsements, but it was not enough to prevent Kamala from dropping out of the race before the first ballot was cast.
Maya Harris was born as Maya Harris on January 30th 1967 in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, United States to Shyamala Gopalan(Mother)- a civil rights activist and a cancer researcher of Indian origin & Donald Harris (father)- Stanford University economics professor.
- New York, United States
- 150' (46.15 m)
Aug 12, 2020 · Maya Harris is a well-known civil rights lawyer and public policy advocate. After graduating from Stanford Law School in 1992, Maya practiced corporate law, while also teaching law school classes on the side.
- Melissa Goldberg
Aug 12, 2020 · Maya Harris boasts an impressive resumé. If you're already familiar with Maya, it's potentially because she was a senior advisor for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election.
- Maya Harris Attended UC Berkeley as an Undergraduate, Followed by Stanford Law School. Like her sister Kamala, Harris has a significant academic pedigree, having attended several of the finest universities in the country.
- Maya Harris Was a Senior Policy Advisor for Hillary Clinton’s Presidential Campaign. During Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, Harris served as a senior policy advisor, described by The New Yorker as the “progressive” link for the Clinton campaign.
- Harris is Married to Fellow Stanford Law Graduate, Tony West; Their Daughter, Meena, Also Went to Law School. Harris met her future husband, attorney Tony West, at Stanford Law School.
- Harris Was Hired as a Political Analyst for MSNBC in 2017. Harris was hired as a political analyst by MSNBC in June of 2017. It’s unclear if she’s still contracted for the role.
Aug 13, 2020 · Maya Harris: Who is Kamala's younger sister and why do people call her the next 'Bobby Kennedy' The younger Ms Harris, 52, served as her sister's campaign chairperson in the 2020 presidential election
Kamala Harris was grandstanding again as she tried to bully Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Capitol Hill. Sessions, with his smooth southern drawl, outsmarted and outclassed Harris, who came off as a screaming shrew, and it's no wonder with her tawdry past. Harris has a dirty little sex secret that is coming back to haunt her, but that's not all. She has a long line of corrupt deals, one ...