Milan (/ m ɪ ˈ l æ n /, US also / m ɪ ˈ l ɑː n /, Milanese: ; Italian: Milano ) is a city in northern Italy, capital of Lombardy, and the second-most populous city in Italy after Rome. Milan served as the capital of the Western Roman Empire, the Duchy of Milan and the Kingdom of Lombardy–Venetia.
While it's known as the commercial and financial center of Italy, Milan has a dynamic cultural side as well. The city boasts the fifth-largest church in the world (the Duomo), one of the oldest shopping malls in the world (Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II) and a fabulous opera (Teatro alla Scala), which saw the premieres of Verdi’s “Nabucco” and Puccini’s “Madame Butterfly” and ...
- Highlights | Shamrock Rovers 0-2 AC Milan | Europa League 2020/21youtube.com
- Benevento 2-5 Inter | Romelu Lukaku Scores Double in a Dominant Inter Display | Serie A TIMyoutube.com
- WHAT A COMEBACK! Inter Milan wins 4-3 thriller vs. Fiorentina | ESPN FC Serie A Highlightsyoutube.com
- Crotone 0-2 Milan | Brahim off the mark as Rossoneri win again | Serie A TIMyoutube.com
Milan, city, capital of Milano province and of the region of Lombardy, northern Italy. It is the leading financial center and the most prosperous manufacturing and commercial city of Italy. It is the richest city in Italy and one of the richest in Europe. Learn more about Milan in this article.
Feb 25, 2020 · Milan is Italy’s city of the future, a fast-paced metropolis where money talks, creativity is big business and looking good is an art form. Read More Select points of interest to plot on map by type Top Attractions Top Hotels Top Restaurants Top Entertainment Top Nightlife Top Shopping
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Milan, Italy on Tripadvisor: See 318,215 traveler reviews and photos of Milan tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in November. We have reviews of the best places to see in Milan. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
People also ask
Is Milan in Italy?
What does Milan mean?
What is the moral capital of Milan?
Is milan polycentric?
Milan - Milan - History: The earliest settlement on the site of Milan was founded by the Gauls about 600 bc, and in ensuing centuries it became the capital of a Celtic tribe known as the Insubres. At the time of the Roman conquest in 222 bc, Mediolanum, as it was then called, was already one of the most powerful cities of the region known as Cisalpine Gaul (on the Roman side of the Alps ...
- Milan Cathedral. Milan Cathedral is a truly monumental building and is famed for its sublime architecture and took over 600 years to complete. Located in the centre of Milan in the self-named Piazza del Duomo, the cathedral was constructed in 1386 but not officially completed until 1965!
- Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie. Although the exterior of this church is not one of the most renowned, it still has a certain charm and grace – Created in 1497, the church features a Gothic style using red bricks and a large rear basilica.
- Grand Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. As you walk into the Grand Gallery, you might think you were stood inside the entrance hall to an opera house or palace – Not a shopping mall.
- Castello Sforzesco. This 15th century castle has a central location in Milan and is set in extensive grounds and gardens. Created in 1370, the original design has been modified and added too greatly but still retains its elegance and status of power.
Go beyond Milan to discover a world of Swiss-Italian mountains and meadows from the seat of the red Bernina Express train. Known as one of the world’s most scenic train journeys complete with ice fields and waterfalls, the Bernina Express is a bucket list trip but the logistics can be tricky.
Mar 23, 2020 · In Milan, we enjoy tree lined streets, a charming historic downtown, beautiful parks, safe neighborhoods and great schools. These are just the first impressions of what makes the City of Milan the best city for anyone looking for a great community to buy a home, open a business, raise a family and pursue a wonderful small town life experience.
Feel-Good results for Milan
Milan (i/maɪlən/) is a city in Monroe and Washtenaw counties in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 4,775 at the 2000 census. About 60% of the city's area and 75% of its residents are located on the Washtenaw County side adjacent to York Township in Washtenaw County; while 40% percent of the city's area and 25% of its residents are located on the Monroe County side adjacent to ...