Jul 03, 2007 · Storyline "Nanking" tells the story of the rape of Nanking, one of the most tragic events in history. In 1937, the invading Japanese army murdered over 200,000 and raped tens of thousands of Chinese. In the midst of the horror, a small group of Western expatriates banded together to save 250,000 -- an act of extraordinary heroism.
- Bill Guttentag, Dan Sturman
- 2 min
Nanking (南京) is a Japanese documentary film released in the year 1938. It was composed of footage shot inside and outside the walls of the city of Nanking just after the end of the Battle of Nanking during the Second Sino-Japanese War.
- 20 January 1938
- Keiji Matsuzaki
- Jiang Wen-Ye
Feb 10, 2007 · Nanking (Chinese: 南京) is a 2007 film about the 1937 Nanking Massacre committed by the Japanese army in the former capital city Nanjing, China.
- Bill Guttentag, Dan Sturman
- Hugo Armstrong
Directed by Anne Pick, William Spahic. With Olivia Cheng, Jillian Rees-Brown. About a young Chinese-American author's journey into the darkest reaches of humanity as she researched and wrote her best selling book "The Rape of Nanking".
- Anne Pick, William Spahic
- Not Rated
- Olivia Cheng, Jillian Rees-Brown
- 南京！ City of Life and Death (2009) Director: Lu Chuan. Stars: Ye Liu, Wei Fan and Hideo Nakaizumi. City of Life and Death, also known as Nanking! Nanking!
- 南京浩劫 Purple Mountain (2008) Director: Simon West. Stars: Michelle Yeoh. Purple Mountain was shot by Hollywood Viridian Entertainment Company. It vividly recorded the situations before and after this disaster from a family’s perspective, including the Japanese atrocities, Chinese humiliation and struggle, and rescue from other countries…… Purple Mountain is another Hollywood’s reflection masterpiece of World War II after the Schindler’s List, remarked by Deutsche Welle.
- 拉贝日记 John Rabe (2009) Director: Florian Gallenberger. Stars: Ulrich Tukur, Daniel Brühl and Steve Buscemi. John Rabe is a Sino-German co-produced movie about Nanjing Massacre; it is based on the book of the same title, a diary by German businessman during the World War II.
- 黄石的孩子 The Children of Huang Shi (2008) Director: Roger Spottiswoode. Stars: Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Radha Mitchell and Yun-Fat Chow. The Children of Huang Shi is a Chinese-Australian-German co-production.
Dec 12, 2017 · This docudrama is a stirring account of a small band of courageous American missionaries who choose to stay in Nanking to try and protect a quarter million vulnerable Chinese civilians who are trapped in a city ruled by a savage, out of control army.
- John Ealer
The Rape of Nanking (42) IMDb 4.9 55min 2007 13+ In 1937, Japanese troops entered the Chinese city of Nanking and began raping and murdering its citizens in an orgy of violence that has few parallels in modern history. This polished film follows the struggle of one young woman to bring one of the darkest chapters of history to light.
Black Sun: The Nanking Massacre, also called Men Behind the Sun 4, is a 1994 Hong Kong film directed by Mou Tun Fei and is in many ways considered to be a follow up to the 1987 shockumentary film, Men Behind the Sun.
- related to: Nanking movie
try.philo.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month