Patrick Morrisey is West Virginia’s first Republican Attorney General since 1933. Elected in 2012 and re-elected in 2016, Morrisey is a conservative champion for Mountain State families and taxpayers and has an unmatched record of accomplishment for West Virginia.
Democratic challenger Sam Brown Petsonk faces Republican incumbent Patrick Morrisey in the race for West Virginia Attorney General. Morrisey did not reply to a Gazette-Mail questionnaire nor a request
3 days ago
- Attorney general not quarantining after White House meetingWest Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey has opted not to quarantine or take other precautions after attending a White House meeting last month hosted by President Donald Trump, Morrisey's spokesman told a newspaper.SFGate1 week ago
- Morrisey: Attorney general has worked hard for West VirginiaWest Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey has been a dedicated defender of West Virginians for nearly eight years. Before his arrival, the office was not one particularly well known for safeguarding our money,Parkersburg News and Sentinel1 week ago
- Morrisey weighs in on possible Morgantown police boardWest Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey is among those concerned with the possible Morgantown Community Policing and Citizens Review Board.West Virginia MetroNews1 week ago
- Patrick Morrisey wins West Virginia Senate GOP primaryyoutube.com
- Patrick Morrisey: Professional Responsibility & Legal Educationyoutube.com
- Patrick Morrisey projected to win West Virginia primaryyoutube.com
- Fox News projects Patrick Morrisey wins West Virginia Senate GOP nominationyoutube.com
Patrick James Morrisey (born December 21, 1967) is an American politician and lawyer serving as the 34th Attorney General of West Virginia since 2013. He is a member of the Republican Party. Morrisey was elected Attorney General of West Virginia in 2012, becoming the first Republican to serve in the role since 1933.
Patrick Morrisey, West Virginia's two-term Attorney General, has a strong and long record of accomplishment. He protects West Virginians and Americans while upholding the rule of law. As Attorney General, he modernized and professionalized his office, which has become viewed by many as one of the best law firms in the state.
- Political Career
- Campaign Donors
- External Links
Formerly employed at corporate law firm Sidley Austin, Morrisey moved to the Washington, D.C. office of global law firm of King & Spalding in 2010. As partner, his contributions to the firm have been primarily in the areas of healthcare and regulatory policy. During his 20-year legal career, Morrisey has worked in administrative law, election law, public policy, and several criminal defense matters. Between most of 1999 to 2004, Morrisey served as the Deputy Staff Director and Chief Healthcare Counsel to the House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee. In that capacity, Morrisey helped draft and negotiate legislation, including the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003 and the Bioterrorism and Public Health Preparedness Act of 2002. Morrisey was the principal liaison for the Committee on healthcare issues to the White House, the U.S. Senate, the House of Representatives, the Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Morrisey...
Attorney General of West Virginia
Morrisey assumed office as West Virginia's 34th attorney general on January 14, 2013. He unseated five term incumbent Darrell V. McGraw, Jr, a Democrat, in the general election on November 6, 2012. He won re-election on November 8, 2016.
Note: The finance data shown here comes from the disclosures required of candidates and parties. Depending on the election or state, this may represent only a portion of all the funds spent on their behalf. Satellite spending groups may or may not have expended funds related to the candidate or politician on whose page you are reading this disclaimer. Campaign finance data from elections may be incomplete. For elections to federal offices, complete data can be found at the FEC website. Click here for more on federal campaign finance law and herefor more on state campaign finance law.
Note: Please contact us if the personal information below requires an update. Morrisey has a wife and a stepdaughter.
- Rutgers College-New Brunswick
- Bishop George Ahr/St Thomas Aquinas
- November 8, 2016
Patrick Morrisey is the first Republican to serve as Attorney General in West Virginia since 1933, and as a resident of Harpers Ferry, Morrisey is also the first Attorney General from Jefferson County in our state's history. Since becoming Attorney General, Morrisey has made fighting fraud, waste, abuse, and corruption a top priority of the Office.
Patrick Morrisey, Harpers Ferry, WV. 20K likes. Patrick Morrisey is the Attorney General of the State of West Virginia. This is not an official or governmental account; it is a campaign account....
Steven Patrick Morrissey (/ ˈ m ɒr ɪ s iː /; born 22 May 1959), known mononymously as Morrissey, is an English singer, songwriter, and author.He came to prominence as the frontman of the rock band the Smiths, which was active from 1982 to 1987.
Those persons or entities who actually are responsible for the opioid crisis must be held accountable, but West Virginia attorney general Patrick Morrisey’s recent lawsuits to join other states ...
We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us.
Tackling the opioid crisis has been a top priority for the West Virginia Attorney General’s Office since Attorney General Morrisey was sworn into office in January, 2013. As part of this effort, the Office conducted a multi-year investigation into federal regulators’ role in allowing excessive over-production of the prescription opioids ...