Jonny Greenwood has composed the original scores for four Paul Thomas Anderson features and counting, nabbing his first Oscar nomination ...
Indiewire via Yahoo News
11 hours ago
- New Paul Thomas Anderson Retrospective Book AnnouncedPitchfork via Yahoo News4 days ago
- ‘Magnolia’ Freaked Out Adam Sandler So Much He Nearly Turned Down ‘Punch-Drunk Love’Indiewire via Yahoo News4 days ago
- Philip Seymour Hoffman Shared a Career-Defining Tip from ‘The Master’ with Jeremy StrongIndiewire via Yahoo News3 days ago
Paul Thomas Anderson, Director: Punch-Drunk Love. Anderson was born in 1970. He was one of the first of the "video store" generation of film-makers. His father was the first man on his block to own a V.C.R., and from a very early age Anderson had an infinite number of titles available to him. While film-makers like Spielberg cut their teeth making 8 mm films, Anderson cut his teeth shooting ...
- Paul Thomas Anderson's Advice on Writingyoutube.com
- Paul Thomas Anderson interview on "Magnolia" (2000)youtube.com
- Masterclass: Paul Thomas Andersonyoutube.com
- The Best of Philip Seymour Hoffman & Paul Thomas Anderson Together: Brothers and Mastersyoutube.com
Paul Thomas Anderson Celebrity Profile - Check out the latest Paul Thomas Anderson photo gallery, biography, pics, pictures, interviews, news, forums and blogs at Rotten Tomatoes! Skip to Main ...
[Recurring names] Paul Thomas Anderson has used Philip Seymour Hoffman in five films and Jon Brion in four films; Philip Baker Hall, John C. Reilly, Melora Walters and Luis Guzmán in three films; Alfred Molina, Julianne Moore, William H. Macy, Ricky Jay, Michael Penn, Mary Lynn Rajskub, 'Kevin J. O'Connor (I)', David Warshofsky, Paul F ...
Paul Thomas Anderson has been described as "one of American film's modern masters" and "the foremost filmmaking talent of his generation." Anderson's ﬁlms have received 25 Academy Award nominations, and he has worked closely with many of the most accomplished actors of our time, including Lesley Ann Manville, Julianne Moore, Daniel Day-Lewis ...
- Adam Nayman
Nov 12, 2019 · Paul Thomas Anderson Sets 2020 Return by Going Back to His ‘Boogie Nights’ Roots Anderson's ninth feature film is one of 13 projects that has scored California tax credits for its 2020 production.
- Zack Sharf
2 days ago · Paul Thomas Anderson has always been a California kid. Anderson grew up in Studio City, a suburb of the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles. He knew, from the time he was a child, that he wanted to ...
- “Big Daddy” (1999) By the time Paul Thomas Anderson got to work with Adam Sandler on “Punch-Drunk Love” he was already a massive fan of the comedy superstar.
- “Bad Day at Black Rock” (1955) Paul Thomas Anderson once famously cited John Sturges’ 1955 thriller “Bad Day at Black Rock” when giving out advice to aspiring young filmmakers, saying, “Work your way up, save your money, and forget film school.
- “The Bitter Tea of General Yen” (1933) While attending the New York Film Festival in 2014, Paul Thomas Anderson said he had recently watched Frank Capra’s 1933 romance “The Bitter Tea of General Yen” and immediately fell in love with it.
- “The Big Sleep” (1946) It was Paul Thomas Anderson’s love of meandering detective films like Howard Hawks’ “The Big Sleep” that inspired him to take a stab at adapting Thomas Pynchon’s “Inherent Vice” for the big screen.
Mar 16, 2020 · Fiona Apple and Paul Thomas Anderson Shutterstock Fiona Apple is the subject of a new profile in The New Yorker to mark the upcoming release of her new album, “Fetch the Bolt Cutters.”
- Zack Sharf
Feel-Good results for Paul Thomas Anderson
The Master is a 2012 American psychological drama film written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson and starring Joaquin Phoenix, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Amy Adams.It tells the story of Freddie Quell (Phoenix), a World War II navy veteran struggling to adjust to a post-war society, who meets Lancaster Dodd (Hoffman), a leader of a religious movement known as "The Cause".