May 25, 2001 · Directed by Michael Bay. With Ben Affleck, Kate Beckinsale, Josh Hartnett, William Lee Scott. A tale of war and romance mixed in with history. The story follows two lifelong friends and a beautiful nurse who are caught up in the horror of an infamous Sunday morning in 1941.
- Michael Bay
- 3 min
Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times gave the film one and a half stars, writing: "Pearl Harbor is a two-hour movie squeezed into three hours, about how, on Dec. 7, 1941, the Japanese staged a surprise attack on an American love triangle. Its centerpiece is 40 minutes of redundant special effects, surrounded by a love story of stunning banality.
- Midway (2019) - The Attack on Pearl Harbor Scene (1/10) | Movieclipsyoutube.com
- Love Story Full Romantic Movie PEARL HARBOR ( 2001 ) ✔️ Full Movie HD 2020youtube.com
- Midway (2019) - Surviving Pearl Harbor Scene (2/10) | Movieclipsyoutube.com
- Pearl Harbor Story - Tora, Tora, Tora / December 7, 1941 / WHDyoutube.com
To call Pearl Harbor a throwback to old-time war movies is something of an understatement. Director Michael Bay's epic take on the bombing that brought the United States into World War II hijacks every war movie situation and cliché (some affectionate, some stale) you've ever seen and gives them a shiny, glossy spin until the whole movie ...
Pearl Harbor Critics Consensus. Pearl Harbor tries to be the Titanic of war movies, but it's just a tedious romance filled with laughably bad dialogue. The 40 minute action sequence is spectacular ...
- drama, war
An amazing movie. I've watched it half a dozen times. I saw Tora, Tora, Tora too, with my dad in the movie theater. Tora, Tora, Tora is a documentary. Pearl Harbor is a movie and a damned good one at that. The actors in Tora, Tora, Tora were wooden and detached. I remember thinking that as a child too. Didn't they just see a huge battle filled ...
May 25, 2001 · "Pearl Harbor" is a two-hour movie squeezed into three hours, about how on Dec. 7, 1941, the Japanese staged a surprise attack on an American love triangle. Its centerpiece is 40 minutes of redundant special effects, surrounded by a love story of stunning banality. The film has been directed without grace, vision, or originality, and although you may walk out quoting lines of dialog, it will ...
People also ask
Is Pearl Harbor the worst war movie ever made?
What is the movie Pearl Harbor rated?
What is the plot of the movie Pearl Harbor?
When did the Pearl Harbor movie come out?
Dec 07, 2016 · These films look at the attack on Pearl Harbor from a variety of angles, whether it's strictly historic or a little more romantic. Either way, they're some of the most popular of the WWII genre.
- It’s not actually about Pearl Harbor… at all. Despite its name, the movie is not actually about the Pearl Harbor attacks. It’s not about World War II, or the men who died that day — the one that President Franklin D. Roosevelt said would live in infamy.
- Ben Affleck. Need we say more?
- It’s a little racist. The overly simplistic way that director Michael Bay portrays the Japanese removes the complex framework of socio-economic and political circumstances that led to the bombing of Pearl Harbor.
- The dialogue is terrible. “It’s a dud!” is one of the more famous lines from the movie, but it should serve as a review of this film’s dialogue. The one-liners don’t land.
Movie25 - Watch Pearl Harbor (2001) Full Movie Online Free - Plot unknown. Reportedly an animated project based on the long-running Pearl Harbor video game franchise.
Dramatic in its nature, Pearl Harbor is certainly meant to be an artistic retelling of the events of the Pearl Harbor attack. However, despite the film’s box office success, millions of dollars in viewings, and Academy Award nominations, flaws exist that make it one of the most inaccurate portrayals of a historical event in filmmaking history.