Phil Knight was born in Portland, Oregon to Bill Knight, a lawyer turned newspaper publisher, and his wife, Lota (Hatfield) Knight. Knight grew up in the Portland neighborhood of Eastmoreland, and attended Cleveland High School.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Knight
Phil Knight was born in Portland, Oregon to Bill Knight, a lawyer turned newspaper publisher, and his wife, Lota (Hatfield) Knight. Knight grew up in the Portland neighborhood of Eastmoreland, and attended Cleveland High School.
Phil Knight, founder of shoe giant Nike, retired as chairman in June 2016 after 52 years at the company. Knight ran track at the University of Oregon and created Nike shoes with his former track...
- Phil Knight, MBA ’62, Co-founder and Chairman Emeritus, Nikeyoutube.com
- Phil Knight on Nike growth, "shock" of harassment claims against execsyoutube.com
- Phil Knight Discusses His New Book 'Shoe Dog'youtube.com
- Phil Knight's Top 10 Rules For Successyoutube.com
Phil Knight is the co-founder of Nike, Inc., one of the world's largest suppliers of athletic shoes and apparel. He had served as the chairman and chief executive officer of the company in the past.
- Early Life
- Awards and Achievements
- Personal Life
Phil Knight was born Phillip Hampson on February 24, 1938, in Portland, Oregon. He was born to William ‘Bill’ Knight, a lawyer who later on became a newspaper publisher and Lota Hatfield Knight. His father was a caring man who loved his family and pushed his son to pursue that which will bring him success in life. Knight attended the Cleveland High School in Portland, Oregon. He began running at a young age, and he became a member of the school’s track team. After high school, he joined the University of Oregon, in Eugene. In college, he was a middle distance runner, and Bill Bowerman coached him. In 1959, Phil Knightgraduated from the University with a Degree in Journalism. Knight graduated, but he did not know what he wanted to do with his life. He was not sure which career he wanted to pursue, so he joined the army and did one year of service and seven years in the Army Reserve. After the army, he joined the Stanford Graduate School of Business where he found his love for busines...
After graduation, Phil Knightdecided to tour the world. In 1962, he was in Japan where he discovered the Tiger brand running shoes which were made and distributed by Onitsuka Company. He was so intrigued with the quality of the shoes and their low cost that he entered into a distribution contract with the company. He was to distribute the shoes in the United States. He returned to Portland and took an accounting job while he waited for the shipping of the shoes from Japan to materialize. He entered into a partnership with his former coach, Bill Bowerman, to distribute the running shoes in the United States. In 1964, the Company Blue Ribbon Sports was formed following the partnership. The company worked so hard that they had retail stores in Eugene, Oregon, California and Santa Monica. The hard work of Knight and Bill gave then good profits in return. In 1971, the company started having problems with Onitsuka Company and so Knight, and Bill decided to form their own company. A friend...
In 2000, Phil Knight was inducted into the Oregon Sports Hall of Fame for his exceptional contribution to sports in Oregon. In 2012, he was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
In 1968, Phil Knight married Penelope Parkswith whom he had four children. In 2004, his son (Mathew) died in a diving accident.
Phil Knight On 24-2-1938 Phil Knight (nickname: Phil) was born in Portland, Oregon. He made his 23000 million dollar fortune with Co-founder and Chairman Nike, Inc.. The economist is married to Penelope "Penny" Knight, his starsign is Pisces and he is now 82 years of age.
Oct 09, 2020 · Phil Knight, co-founder and chairman emeritus of Nike, Inc., donated 7.25 million shares of Nike Class B stock to his family foundation.
Apr 14, 2020 · Phil Knight is popular American business magnate and philanthropist. He is known as co-founder and chairman of Nike, Inc. He has completed his graduation from University of Oregon and Stanford Graduate School of Business. If you want to buy blazer suit like Phil Knight, then you can buy it from online web portal with affordable rates.
- Find your passion. As Knight created Nike (Blue Ribbon Sports at the time) with his track and field coach, Bill Bowerman, a large part of the company’s success stemmed from both its leaders love affairs with the sport.
- Hire smart. While it may come as a surprise to some, Knight wasn’t involved with developing Nike’s trademark waffle pattern soles, the signature swoosh logo, or even the name Nike itself.
- Micromanagement won't help anyone. Knight had a very hands-off leadership approach. Once they were hired, he had an aversion to micromanaging his employees.
- Don't be afraid of a fight. Although wildly successful today, Nike was no overnight success. The company, originally Blue Ribbon Sports, was formed in 1964 by Knight, who initially sold his shoes at Oregon track meets from the trunk of his car.
Oct 09, 2008 · Phil Knight, now 82 years old, has come to be viewed as one of the master marketers of the 20th and 21st centuries. Knight continues to recruit the greatest athletes in the world to endorse his...