Phyllis Smith (born July 10, 1951) is an American actress and casting associate. She is best known for playing Phyllis Vance in the television series The Office and her critically acclaimed voice role as Sadness in the film Inside Out. She also had a regular role on the Netflix series The OA.
Phyllis Smith was born on July 10, 1951 in Lemay, St. Louis, Missouri, USA. She is known for her work on Inside Out (2015), The Office (2005) and Bad Teacher (2011). See full bio »
Phyllis Smith was born on July 10, 1951 in Lemay, St. Louis, Missouri, USA. She is known for her work on Inside Out (2015), The Office (2005) and Bad Teacher (2011). Trivia (4) She is a former St. Louis Cardinals Cheerleader.
Phyllis Smith is an American actor and casting associate. She is popularly known for her long-running role of ‘Phyllis Vance’ in the series 'The Office.' Phyllis began her career as a casting associate and later worked for 'The Office.' She was also awarded for her breakthrough performance on the show.
- Partial Filmography
Smith was born in Lemay, Missouri, outside St. Louis. She graduated from the University of Missouri–St. Louis in 1972 with a degree in elementary education. In the 1970s and 1980s, she worked as a dancer, a cheerleader for the old St. Louis football Cardinals, and a burlesque performer ("No stripping, but I did wear feathers," says Smith). She was forced to quit dancing after suffering a knee injury. Smith later worked in Hollywood as an actress and in casting; she was working as a casting associate on The Office when she was offered the role of Phyllis, a character created specifically for her—a heavy, sassy woman who tends to disagree with the pompous office manager Michael Scott. Smith received Screen Actors Guild Awards in 2006 and 2007 for her performance in The Office, in the category "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series". On June 24, 2008, Smith appeared with the cast of The Office on Celebrity Family Feud.
^ Tracy, Linda (Fall 2008). "It's never just another day at the office for UM-St. Louis alumna Phyllis Smith". UM St. Louis (St. Louis, MO: University of Missouri-St. Louis): 14–15. OCLC 19214058. http://www.umsl.edu/services/creative/pubs/magazine/index.htm.
- Phyllis Had No Idea Sadness Would Be Such A Success. Thanks to the success of Bad Teacher, a writer for Pixar's Inside Out saw Phyllis' character and knew she had the voice to be Sadness in the animated film about emotions.
- Her Favorite Scene From The Office May Surprise You. With Phyllis being apart of the original crew of The Office from the beginning, she sure does have a long list of favorite episodes and scenes to pick from.
- The Role For Bad Teacher Fell In Her Lap (And She Loved Working With Cameron Diaz) In 2011, Phyllis was cast as Lynn in Bad Teacher. The movie starred a ball-busting Cameron Diaz and Phyllis played her sweet sidekick.
- She Used To Do Real Work At Her Desk On The Office. Phyllis Vance was a big part of Dunder Mifflin Scranton who had been there from the start. She may not have had a ton of lines in comparison to other salesmen like Dwight or Jim but her role was important.
View the profiles of people named Phyllis Smith. Join Facebook to connect with Phyllis Smith and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to...
The second best result is Phyllis A Smith age 60s in Union Beach, NJ in the Union Beach neighborhood. They have also lived in Staten Island, NY Phyllis is related to William J Smith and Michael W Smith. Select this result to view Phyllis A Smith's phone number, address, and more. 3
Oct 18, 2019 · Phyllis Smith, who plays Phyllis on the show, she was the casting associate for The Office. So when I auditioned for The Office, she read my audition scenes with me,” said Fischer, who starred as...
- Natalie Stone
- Feel-Good results for Phyllis Smith
- related to: Phyllis Smith
TruthFinder.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
PeopleLooker.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
PublicRecordsNow.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month