Pop is a genre of popular music that originated in its modern form during the mid-1950s in the United States and the United Kingdom. The terms popular music and pop music are often used interchangeably, although the former describes all music that is popular and includes many disparate styles.
This week's new music is out of this world, like Nick Jonas' "Spaceman," and of the Pokemon world, courtesy of Post Malone's "Only Wanna Be With You." But which new release has blown you away?
Billboard on MSN.com
1 day ago
- Pop-up classical music concert in Southeast Dallas marks end of Shingle MountainDallas Morning News1 day ago
- Pop Smoke & NBA Youngboy Hold Down This Week's "Fire Emoji" PlaylistHotNewHipHop29 minutes ago
- MUSIC: Not 'Faded' away; pandemic can’t stop The Libras’ ‘low-power pop’Arkansas Democrat-Gazette2 days ago
- Nick Jonas, Post Malone's 'Hootie' cover, the late Pop Smoke highlight new music releasesNick Jonas' new single, Post Malone's cover of a Hootie and the Blowfish classic plus the late Pop Smoke highlight new music this weekend.USA Today on MSN.com1 day ago
This channel was generated automatically by YouTube's video discovery system.
Music can change the world because it can change people. Bono ♫ ♬ ===== We are really glad that you are ...
Sep 29, 2018 · The definition of pop music is deliberately flexible. It accommodates the fact that the specific music identified as pop is continually changing. At any particular point in time, it may be most straightforward to identify pop music as that which is successful on the pop music charts.
People also ask
What are the Best Pop Songs of all time?
Why is pop music so successful?
Is pop music really good music?
Why is pop music called 'Pop'?
We recommend you to check other playlists or our favorite music charts. If you enjoyed listening to this one, maybe you will like: Pop Music Playlist - Timel...
What is Pop Music? Pop music is the genre of popular music that produces the most hits. A hit is a song that sells many copies, and the latest hits are listed every week on the charts. To get on the charts, a song must be released as a single, although most singles are also released on an album.
- The 1950s. It began in the age of rock ‘n roll. In the ’50s, the music of the previous decades—including swing music and crooning vocals—was being replaced.
- The 1960s. Through its beginning, pop had been characterized by its largely teen fan base, and in the ‘60s, when the portable radio was introduced, it became even easier for teens to take their tunes wherever they went.
- The 1970s. Those subgenres of pop began towards the end of the ‘60s, but died out in the ’70s. In their place came the subgenre of power pop, a mix of punk rock and pop, defined by bands like the Romantics, and Cheap Trick.
- The 1980s. Digital recording became huge in the ‘80s, and the possibilities it offered allowed pop music to grow even more. Suddenly, synthesizers and electronic sounds could be put into pop music, and as this kind of dance-pop developed, so did genres like techno.
Feel-Good results for Pop music
- related to: Pop music
target.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month