Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (born Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark; 10 June 1921 – 9 April 2021) was a member of the British royal family as the husband of Elizabeth II. Philip was born into the Greek and Danish royal families. He was born in Greece, but his family was exiled from the country when he was eighteen months old.
"Philip was crucial in helping coach William as a future King," historian Robert Lacey, author of the bestselling biography Battle of Brothers, tells PEOPLE in this week's cover s
People on MSN.com
1 day ago
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, was the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, the father of Prince Charles and the grandfather of Prince Harry and Prince William.
Apr 09, 2021 · Prince Philip was the man who said if ever you see a man opening the car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife. He was a shrewd observer of people." In 1997, with Britain in ...
Apr 09, 2021 · Prince Philip, the Greece-born royal who as the husband of Queen Elizabeth II was the longest-serving consort to a British sovereign, died Friday. He was 99.
- Sam Meredith
Apr 09, 2021 · The most famous family on earth is mourning the loss of its patriarch. Prince Philip, the husband of British monarch Queen Elizabeth II, has died, Buckingham Palace has announced. He was 99.
- 2 min
- Laura Smith-Spark,Luke McGee,CNN
Apr 09, 2021 · Prince Philip, husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, has died at the age of 99, the royal family announced Friday. In a statement, the royal family said Philip "passed away peacefully" at ...
Apr 17, 2021 · Prince Philip funeral: Socially-distanced moments create moving tribute to royal patriarch April 17, 2021 03:01 April 17, 2021, 8:46 AM UTC / Updated April 17, 2021, 6:21 PM UTC
Apr 09, 2021 · Philip’s father was Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark (1882–1944), a younger son of King George I of the Hellenes (originally Prince William of Denmark). His mother was Princess Alice (1885–1969), who was the eldest daughter of Louis Alexander Mountbatten, 1st marquess of Milford Haven, and Princess Victoria of Hesse and the Rhine, granddaughter of Queen Victoria.
- How the public will find out. When the sad day comes, it's expected that the BBC will be the first media outlet given the news of the prince's death. If he passes in his sleep, the announcement will likely be made at 8 a.m.
- What the funeral will be like. Prince Philip has already requested that people not make a "fuss" over his funeral and said it isn't necessary for his body to be lying-in-state at Westminster Hall—unusual considering the Palace of Westminster is always on a six-hour notice to prepare the hall for an event like this.
- Where he will be buried. Upon his death, Prince Philip will be buried in Frogmore Gardens on the grounds of the Windsor Castle. The secluded 35-acres of garden are a royal family hidden gem.
- How long the Queen has to mourn. If the Queen survives Philip, it is believed she will be expected to enter an eight-day period of grief, in which she will forgo her duties during that time.