Jun 08, 2012 · Following a faint trail of clues, the accomplished archaeologist, Doctor Elizabeth Shaw, and her partner, Charlie Holloway, along with a seventeen-man crew, embark on an ambitious, deep-space scientific expedition.
- Ridley Scott
- 3 min
Prometheus earned $126.4 million (31.4%) in North America and $276.9 million (68.6%) elsewhere for a worldwide total of $403.4 million, making it the 18th highest-grossing film of 2012, and at its peak it was the 155th highest-grossing film worldwide unadjusted for inflation.
People also ask
What is the movie Prometheus about?
Who starred in movie prometheus?
Is the movie Prometheus a science fiction?
Is Prometheus an alien movie?
Movie Info The discovery of a clue to mankind's origins on Earth leads a team of explorers to the darkest parts of the universe. Two brilliant young scientists lead the expedition.
- mystery and thriller, horror, sci fi
- See Also
On prehistoric Earth, a humanoid alien stands above a waterfall as a hovering spacecraft departs overhead. The alien ingests a dark liquid, then starts to disintegrate. As its bodily remains cascade into the waterfall, the alien's DNA triggers a biogenetic reaction.Many centuries later in 2089, archaeologists and partners Elizabeth Shaw and Charlie Holloway discover ancient star maps that are common to several unconnected, extinct human cultures. They interpret the presence of these maps as a...
The origins of Prometheus stemmed from discussions between Ridley Scott and Aliens director James Cameron in the early 2000s regarding a potential fifth film in the Alien franchise. Scott's concept for a fifth Alien film was a sequel that would explore the engineered origins of the series' Alien antagonists and the \\"Space Jockey\\" — the extraterrestrial being who briefly appears in Alien as the deceased pilot of the derelict ship encountered by the Nostromo. Scott's story concept was partially...
In May 2009, Fox first officially reported the project as a \\"reboot\\" of the Alien franchise, which was soon afterwards expressed as a then untitled prequel to Alien. Development stalled in June 2009, when Fox clashed with Scott over his selection of former commercial director Carl Erik Rinsch as director; Fox was only interested in pursuing the project if Scott himself took the director's chair. By July 2009, Scott had agreed to helm the film, and later that year met with writer Jon Spaihts t...
Pre-production had begun by April 2010, with a team developing graphic designs for the film's requirements. Scott convinced Fox to invest millions of dollars into the hiring of scientists and conceptual artists to develop a vision of the late 21st century. Production of Prometheus was marked by a high degree of secrecy with story details \\"extremely under-wraps.\\" Determined to maintain the secrecy of the plot, Scott required the cast to sign clauses to prevent them disclosing story details, an...
Production designer Arthur Max led the film's design. His art team were tasked with deconstructing the art and visuals of Alien and reverse-designing them for the earlier-time setting of Prometheus. Influence was drawn from the work of Alien creature designer H. R. Giger, and designers Ron Cobb and Chris Foss, including their designs for that film which Scott had been unable to develop at the time. Max designed the sets including the alien structures and the alien world landscape, and vehicle...
Principal photography began on March 21, 2011, on an estimated $120–130 million budget. Filming was scheduled to take place over six months, but it took longer than forecast: the film was still being shot in September 2011. Filming began at Shepperton Studios and Pinewood Studios near London, England, both part of the Pinewood Studios group, where Scott used eight sound stages for filming, including the 007 Stage at Pinewood. Studio space was limited and the crew were forced to make the stage...
Scott focused on using the 3D footage to increase the illusion of depth. Despite this being his first 3D film he found the process easy. He stated: \\"You can literally twiddle a knob and the depth will increase\\", \\"the trick is not to overdo it\\". Prometheus contains approximately 1,300 digital effect shots. Moving Picture Company were the lead visual effect studio and produced 420 of the shots. Several other studios also produced the visual effects including Weta Digital, Fuel VFX, Rising Sun P...
Prometheus's marketing campaign began on July 21, 2011, at the San Diego Comic-Con International, where images and footage from the film were presented by Lindelof and Theron, with Scott and Rapace participating via satellite contribution. A segment of the footage showed Theron performing \\"naked push-ups\\" which attracted much attention. A teaser poster was revealed on December 14, 2011, with the tagline, \\"The search for our beginning could lead to our end.\\" A bootleg recording of an incomplet...
The premiere of Prometheus took place on May 31, 2012, at the Empire cinema in Leicester Square, London. The film was released on June 1, 2012, in the United Kingdom, and was released on June 8, 2012, in North America. It was simultaneously released in IMAX theaters and in 3D, and it is encoded for D-Box motion seats that provide physical feedback to the viewer during the film.
A novelization of the film was written by Joe Spies and Damon Lindelof, although it was only published in Japan. A behind the scenes book featuring production artwork from the film titled Prometheus: The Art of the Film was also published by Titan Books. The soundtrack by Marc Streitenfeld was released on CD and for digital download. NECA produced a line of action figures based on the film.
1. Several elements in the film were actually recycled from concepts rejected for Alien in 1979. These include the heads-up displays inside the ground team's helmet visors and the sequence where the crew recovers an Engineer head and returns it to the ship for study (originally to involve the Pilot's head). The design of the Prometheus' bridge is also very similar to an early design proposed for the bridge of the Nostromo, which was discarded because it would have been too expensive to build...
1. Prometheus (novel) — The novelization of the film by Joe Spies. 2. Prometheus (soundtrack) — The soundtrack to the film by Marc Streitenfeld and Harry Gregson-Williams. 3. Prometheus short films — A series of promotional short films related to Prometheus. 4. The Furious Gods: Making Prometheus — An extensive documentary about the making of the film.
1. ↑ \\"Box Office Mojo Prometheus\\". BoxOfficeMojo.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-28. 2. ↑ Prometheus Blu-ray special features 3. ↑ 3.0 3.1 \\"The Hollywood Reporter - Ridley Scott, Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace Tease 'Prometheus' at CineEurope\\". Retrieved on 2012-06-14. 4. ↑ Paul W. S. Anderson, John Davis, Richard Bridgeland, Tom Woodruff, Jr.. The Making of AVP (2004), 20th Century Fox [DVD]. 5. ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 \\"Forbes - How An Unsung Screenwriter Got To Work With Ridley Scott On Prometheus, And...
- Next Alien Movie Reportedly Similar To Aliens, Will Have Epic ScaleSo far, the only Alien project that’s officially in active development is the recently announced FX on Hulu series that’s being shepherded by the team of Ridley Scott and Noah Hawley. All we know is that it’ll be the first entry to be set on Earth,IMDb4 days ago
- 10 Horror Movie Reboots (And Scoring How Successful They Were)What Culture2 weeks ago
- The android action of Netflix’s Outside the Wire raises big questions, then drops themPolygon2 days ago
- Does Testosterone Pills Help Give You EnergyOthers say that Prometheus stole does testosterone pills help give you energy testosterone help give you energy the fire from Mount Olympia, or lighted a torch from the wheel of the does testosterone give you energy sun god Helios.camera.org1 week ago
Prometheus (2012) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
Prometheus is a science fiction film directed by Ridley Scott and written by Jon Spaihts and Damon Lindelof.
Jun 08, 2012 · Prometheus is the kind of movie you can start to like better the more you think and talk about it, and we've had a blast debating the many mysteries of the film, and trying to piece together just ...