Feel-Good results for Reese Witherspoon
The actress' beloved canine companion died from an aggressive cancer that she had previously been battling for months
People on MSN.com
7 hours ago
- Daisy Edgar-Jones Joins Drama ‘Where the Crawdads Sing’ With Producer Reese WitherspoonVariety3 hours ago
- Reese Witherspoon heartbroken as she announces sad family deathHELLO! Magazine on MSN.com18 hours ago
- Reese Witherspoon's Legally Blonde 3 Gets a Release Date: All the DetailsYAHOO!9 hours ago
- We have no objections to Reese Witherspoon’s ‘Legally Blonde’ reunion, your honorLos Angeles Times on MSN.com1 day ago
- ‘Legally Blonde’ set secretsmsn.com
- See Reese Witherspoon and the ‘Legally Blonde’ cast reunitemsn.com
- ‘Legally Blonde’ cast reunites to benefit World Central Kitchenabcnews.go.com
- Reese Witherspoon's Legally Blonde Reunion Reveals the "Bend and Snap" Scene Was Totally Differentmsn.com
Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon (born March 22, 1976) is an American actress, producer, and entrepreneur. The recipient of various accolades, including an Academy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, and a Primetime Emmy Award, she is one of the highest-paid actresses in the world as of 2019.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reese_Witherspoon
Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon was born on March 22, 1976 at Southern Baptist Hospital (now Memorial Medical Center) in New Orleans, Louisiana. She is the second child of Mary Elizabeth "Betty" (Reese) and Dr. John Draper Witherspoon, Sr. Her father was a military surgeon specializing in ear, nose and throat.
Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon (born March 22, 1976) is an American actress, producer, and entrepreneur. The recipient of various accolades, including an Academy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, and a Primetime Emmy Award, she is one of the highest-paid actresses in the world as of 2019.
24.4m Followers, 1,001 Following, 3,006 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Reese Witherspoon (@reesewitherspoon)
- 'The Man in the Moon,' 'Freeway' On a bit of a whim in 1991, Witherspoon answered a call for extras in her hometown newspaper. She wound up with the lead in her first feature film, The Man in the Moon (1991), at just 14 years old.
- 'Pleasantville,' 'Election,' 'Cruel Intentions' Witherspoon quickly established herself as a talented actress in films such as Pleasantville (1998), Election (1999) and Cruel Intentions (1999).
- Playing Elle Woods in 'Legally Blonde' In 2001, Witherspoon continued to soar when she starred in the surprise box office hit Legally Blonde. Witherspoon played Elle Woods, a towheaded sorority girl who follows her ex to Harvard Law School.
- 'Sweet Home Alabama,' Oscar Nod for 'Walk the Line' Witherspoon furthered her success with commercial films like Sweet Home Alabama (2002), while also performing in indie fare and providing voiceover work for animation projects.
- Early life
- Acting career
- Personal life
Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon was born on March 22, 1976 at Southern Baptist Hospital (now Memorial Medical Center) in New Orleans, Louisiana. She is the second child of Mary Elizabeth \\"Betty\\" (Reese) and Dr. John Draper Witherspoon, Sr. Her father was a military surgeon specializing in ear, nose and throat. Her mother was a Registered Nurse who later became a Ph.D in pediatric nursing. Reese spent the first four years of her life in Wiesbaden, Germany, where her father served as a lieutenant colonel in the US Army reserves. Shortly after, John moved the family back to the States, settling in Nashville, Tennessee. Reese was introduced to the entertainment industry at a very early age. At age 7, she began modeling. This led to appearances on several local television commercials. At age 11, she placed first in a Ten-State Talent Fair.
In 1990, she landed her first major acting role in Robert Mulligan's The Man in the Moon (1991). Her role as a 14-year old tomboy earned her rave reviews. Roles in bigger films such as Jack the Bear (1993) and A Far Off Place (1993) followed shortly after. Following high school graduation in 1994 from Harpeth Hall, a Nashville all girls school, Reese decided to put her acting career on hold and attend Stanford University where she would major in English literature. However, her collegiate plans were shortly dashed when she accepted roles to star in two major motion pictures: Fear (1996), alongside Mark Wahlberg, and Freeway (1996) with Kiefer Sutherland. Although neither film was a huge box-office success, they did help to establish Reese as a rising starlet in Hollywood and open the door for bigger and better film roles. Those bigger roles came in movies such as Pleasantville (1998), Election (1999) and Cruel Intentions (1999). Her breakthrough role came as Elle Woods in the 2001 comedy, Legally Blonde (2001). The movie was huge box-office smash and established Reese as one of the top female draws in Hollywood. The next year, she scored a follow-up hit with Sweet Home Alabama (2002), which went on to gross over $100 million dollars at the box office. In 2006, she took home the best actress Oscar for her role as June Carter Cash in the Johnny Cash biopic, Walk the Line (2005). In the late 2000s and early 2010s, Reese continued to star in more romantic comedies, such as Four Christmases (2008) and How Do You Know (2010). In December 2010, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In the year 2014, she produced both Gone Girl (2014) and Wild (2014), for which she got nominated for best actress Oscar again for her role as Cheryl Strayed.
Off the screen, she was married to Ryan Phillippe from 1999 to 2007. They met at her 21st birthday party and subsequently worked together in Cruel Intentions (1999). They have two children: a daughter, Ava Elizabeth (born 9 September 1999) and a son, Deacon (born 23 October 2003). In March 2011, Reese remarried talent agent Jim Toth. She gave birth to a second son, Tennessee (born 27 September 2012).
Reese Witherspoon full list of movies and tv shows in theaters, in production and upcoming films.
Aug 26, 2020 · Reese Witherspoon left fans opened mouthed when she posted a snapshot of her daughter, Ava, on Instagram. The Little Fires Everywhere star, 44, shared a photo of the 20-year-old to her social media...
- Hannah Hargrave
Reese Witherspoon is an acclaimed celebrity. She has under her belt numerous awards, including an Oscar, a Golden Globe award, an Emmy, a BAFTA Film Award, a Blockbuster Entertainment Award, Robert Altman awards, an MTV movie award, and People’s Choice Award. As of 2019, she is also one of the highest-paid artists worldwide.
Reese Witherspoon is an American actress and producer. She made her acting debut in The Man in the Moon (1991). Witherspoon rose to prominence in 1999 with Cruel Intentions and for her portrayal of Tracy Flick in the black comedy Election, which earned her a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical nomination.
HollywoodDaily: Reese Witherspoon N@KED SCENE | WILD 2015 SUBSCRIBE: HollywoodDaily For Regular Updates On Your Favorite Celebs... https://www.youtube.com/us...