Remscheid ( German pronunciation: [ˈʁɛmʃaɪt] ⓘ) is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is, after Wuppertal and Solingen, the third-largest municipality in Bergisches Land, being located on the northern edge of the region, on the south side of the Ruhr area. Remscheid had around 109,000 inhabitants in 2015.
Article History Table of Contents Remscheid: Röntgen Museum The Röntgen Museum, Remscheid, Ger. Remscheid, city, North Rhine–Westphalia Land (state), northwestern Germany. It lies along the Wupper River, south of Wuppertal, in the heart of the Bergisches Land, a hilly, wooded district in the lower Rhine River valley.
- The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Müngsten Bridge. At 107 metres above the Wupper River, on the Remscheid-Solingen boundary, the steel-built Müngsten Bridge is the highest railway bridge in Germany.
- Müngstener Brückenpark. The best way to view the Müngsten Bridge from below is at the Müngstener Brückenpark, a recreation area that was founded a decade ago during a region-wide employment project.
- Deutsches Röntgen-Museum. The man who first detected X-rays, Wilhelm Röntgen, was born in Lennep, part of Remscheid. He would win the very first Noble Prize in physics in 1901 for the discovery he made in 1895.
- Schloss Burg. Although officially in Solingen, this Medieval wonder is only 10 minutes by road from the centre of Remscheid. And being so close there’s no excuse not to discover the ancestral seat of the Counts and Dukes of Berg.
Things to Do in Remscheid, Germany - Remscheid Attractions Things to Do in Remscheid Tours near Remscheid Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer. Cologne City Tour Experience cathedral city on the Rhine 418 Historical Tours from $32 per adult (price varies by group size) Reserve Guided Brewhouse Walking Tour in Cologne 276
Remscheid Plan Your Trip to Remscheid: Best of Remscheid Tourism Essential Remscheid Do Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences. Muengstener Bruecke 186 Bridges Falknerei Bergisch Land 26 Zoos 378meter - Bergische Erlebnisse 3 Visitor Centers Rotationstheater 3 Theaters Stay A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.