Dec 08, 1979 · Directed by Robert Wise. With William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan. When an alien spacecraft of enormous power is spotted approaching Earth, Admiral James T. Kirk resumes command of the overhauled USS Enterprise in order to intercept it.
- Robert Wise
- 2 min
Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a 1979 American science fiction film directed by Robert Wise and based on the television series Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry, who also served as its producer. It is the first installment in the Star Trek film series, and stars the cast of the original television series.
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) Trailer #1 | Movieclips Classic Trailersyoutube.com
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) - HD teaser traileryoutube.com
- Star Trek The Motion Picture (1979) Traileryoutube.com
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) - Official Traileryoutube.com
People also ask
Who directed star trek motion picture 1979?
What is Star Trek motion picture?
Who is star trek the motion picture producer?
What is the rating of the 1979 movie?
Star Trek: The Motion Picture Critics Consensus. Featuring a patchwork script and a dialogue-heavy storyline whose biggest villain is a cloud, Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a less-than ...
- sci fi
Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
In "Star Trek: The Motion Picture", the alien entity is an unimaginably vast alien spaceship from somewhere out at the edge of the galaxy. The movie opens as it's discovered racing directly toward Earth, and it seems to be hostile.
- Memorable Quotes
- Background Information
- Links and References
In Klingon space, three Klingon K't'inga-class battle cruisers are patrolling an area and encounter a huge cloud-like anomaly. On the bridge of IKS Amar, the Klingon captain orders his crew to fire torpedoes at it, but they have no effect. The captain immediately orders retreat.Meanwhile, in Federation space, a listening post, Epsilon IX, picks up a distress signal from one of the Klingon ships. As the three ships are attempting to escape the cloud, a \\"bolt\\" of plasma energy emerges and destr...
\\"Heading?\\"\\"Sir, it's on a precise heading for Earth.\\"\\"Admiral, we have just spent eighteen months redesigning and refitting the Enterprise. How in the name of hell do they expect me to have her ready in twelve hours?!\\"\\"Mr. Scott, an alien object of unbelievable destructive power is less than three days away from this planet. The only starship in interception range is the Enterprise. Ready or not, she launches in twelve hours.\\"\\"They gave her back to me, Scotty.\\"\\"He wanted her back, he got her....
1. This movie was the last Star Trek release to occur in the 1970s, and the only live-action one to take place in that decade. 2. Grace Lee Whitney (Janice Rand) and Mark Lenard (Klingon captain) are the only actors, besides the original cast, to appear in both this film and the final Star Trek: The Original Series film, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Lenard plays the Klingon captain in The Motion Picture and Ambassador Sarek in The Undiscovered Country, while Whitney plays Janice R...
1. Richard Arnold as an Enterprise crewmember 2. Rosanna Attias as an Enterprise crewmember 3. Fred Bronson as an Enterprise crewmember 4. Bobby Butz as an Enterprise crewmember 5. Ralph Byers as an Enterprise crewmember 6. Gordon Cardoza as an Enterprise crewmember 7. Celeste Cartier as an Enterprise crewmember 8. JoAnn Christy as a Vulcan science division crewmember 9. Price Coetzee as a Enterprise crewmember 10. Vern Dietsche as an Enterprise crewmember 11. Christopher Doohan as an engine...
Star trek-the motion picture by Gene Roddenberry, 1979, Pocket Books edition, in English
Star Trek: The Motion Picture HD IMDB: 6.4 When a destructive space entity is spotted approaching Earth, Admiral Kirk resumes command of the Starship Enterprise in order to intercept, examine, and hopefully stop it.