Taraji Penda Henson (/ t ə ˈ r ɑː dʒ i / tə-RAH-jee; born September 11, 1970) is an American actress.She studied acting at Howard University and began her Hollywood career in guest roles on several television shows before making her breakthrough in Baby Boy (2001).
- Feel-Good results for Taraji P. Henson
Taraji P. Henson was born on September 11, 1970 in Washington, District of Columbia, USA as Taraji Penda Henson. She is an actress and producer, known for Hidden Figures (2016), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) and Hustle & Flow (2005). See full bio »
17.2m Followers, 1,311 Following, 5,107 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from taraji p henson (@tarajiphenson)
- 'Smart Guy,' 'Sister, Sister' In 1996 Henson and her son moved to Los Angeles so she could pursue a professional acting career. She had just $700 in her bank account at the time.
- 'Baby Boy,' 'Hustle and Flow' In 2001 Henson got her big break with a starring role in John Singleton's film Baby Boy. Her performance led to another major role, as Shug in the 2004 movie Hustle and Flow.
- 'Benjamin Button' and Oscar Nod. Henson went on to land main parts in Smokin' Aces and Talk to Me. A challenging role as the adoptive mother to Brad Pitt's titular character in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) highlighted Henson's flexibility and range as an actress, earning her both Screen Actors Guild and Academy Award nominations.
- 'Empire' and Golden Globe. In 2015 Henson returned to television with Empire, a hip-hop take on the soap opera format that's generated huge buzz. She stars as Cookie Lyon, the ex-wife of music industry titan Lucious Lyon (Terrence Howard).
Taraji P. Henson was born on September 11, 1970 in Washington, District of Columbia, USA as Taraji Penda Henson. She is an actress and producer, known for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008), Hidden Figures (2016) and Hustle & Flow (2005). Trivia (17) Voted one of "The 10 Sexiest Women of 2001" by the readers of Black Men Magazine.
Oct 19, 2020 · (CNN) Wedding bells won't be ringing for Taraji P. Henson and Kelvin Hayden after all. The "What Men Want" actress confirmed during an appearance Monday on "The Breakfast Club" that she and the...
Taraji P. Henson, in full Taraji Penda Henson, (born September 11, 1970, Washington, D.C.), American actress who was best known for playing strong female characters, notably Loretha (“Cookie”) Lyon in the television drama Empire (2015–20).
Jan 06, 2021 · Taraji P. Henson opened up about a tough moment of truth between her and her son, Marcell. On Wednesday's new episode of her Facebook Watch series "Peace of Mind with Taraji," the 50-year-old...