- 1. a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims: "four commercial aircraft were hijacked by terrorists"
- 1. unlawfully using violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims: "a terrorist organization"
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
Definition of terrorist (Entry 1 of 2) : an advocate or practitioner of terrorism as a means of coercion Opposition still runs high to the idea of releasing or bringing into U.S. prisons dozens of men widely considered dangerous terrorists even if many are not.
Terrorism research, called terrorism and counter-terrorism research, is an interdisciplinary academic field which seeks to understand the causes of terrorism, how to prevent it as well as its impact in the broadest sense.
International terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups who are inspired by, or associated with, designated foreign terrorist organizations or nations...
Stephen Colbert found Capitol riots more upsetting than 9/11: ‘No Americans were cheering for the terrorists back then’
Stephen Colbert has compared the attacks by “homegrown terrorists” on the US Capitol last week to the 9/11 bombings. Appearing on The Late Show on Monday (11 January), the ...
The Independent via Yahoo News
2 days ago
- Capitol Terrorists Seek Trump Pardons, Some Already Freed from JailThe Root via Yahoo News3 days ago
- Denial, conspiracy and double-speak: Trump-loving OAN and Newsmax’s bizarre coverage of Biden’s inaugurationThe Independent via Yahoo News8 hours ago
- President Joe Biden Pledges To End America’s “Uncivil War” In Passionate Inaugural Speech; Poet Amanda Gorman Declares...Deadline via Yahoo News12 hours ago
- Is There a New ‘SNL’ Episode Airing This Week?The Wrap via Yahoo News4 hours ago
- Joe Biden cries in emotional speech before heading to Washington DC for Inauguration DayThe Independent via Yahoo News1 day ago
noun a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism. a person who terrorizes or frightens others. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.
Terrorism, the calculated use of violence to create a general climate of fear in a population and thereby to bring about a particular political objective.
The alleged terrorists on this list are charged with federal crimes in the United States, as indicated on their wanted posters. The pending charges listed on the posters allow them to be arrested ...
The FBI Most Wanted Terrorists is a list created and first released on October 10, 2001, with the authority of United States President Bush, following the September 11 attacks on the United States. Initially, the list contained 22 of the top suspected terrorists chosen by the FBI , all of whom had earlier been indicted for acts of terrorism ...
In a lawful society, in which our laws were administered fairly to all, the armed terrorists who shook the nation, attempted an insurrection, and forcibly occupied our Capitol would be thrown in ...
Were The Pro-Trump Capitol Rioters 'Terrorists'? : Code Switch Some say it's the precise word to describe the actions of the pro-Trump extremists who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6. But others warn ...
“These men weren’t drunks who got rowdy — they were terrorists attacking this country’s constitutionally-mandated transfer of power,” he added. “They failed, but they came dangerously ...