Jul 18, 2008 · Set within a year after the events of Batman Begins (2005), Batman, Lieutenant James Gordon, and new District Attorney Harvey Dent successfully begin to round up the criminals that plague Gotham City, until a mysterious and sadistic criminal mastermind known only as "The Joker" appears in Gotham, creating a new wave of chaos.
- See Full Cast & Crew
The Dark Knight (2008) cast and crew credits, including...
- View Content Advisory
The Dark Knight (2008) Parents Guide Add to guide . Showing...
- See Full Cast & Crew
The Dark Knight is a 2008 superhero film directed, produced, and co-written by Christopher Nolan.Based on the DC Comics character Batman, the film is the second installment of Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy and a sequel to 2005's Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale and supported by Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Morgan Freeman.
- Batman interrogates the Joker | The Dark Knight [4k, HDR]youtube.com
- The Dark Knight Risesyoutube.com
- BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT - Full Movie | Film Best Action ( HD )youtube.com
- Kill the Batman (The Joker meets the Mob) | The Dark Knight [4k, HDR, IMAX]youtube.com
The Dark Knight was the second of the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy (Batman Begins/Dark Knight/Dark Knight Rises) - this review will be focusing on the 4K Upgrade rather than the movie itself. This was always a good looking movie.. but the 4K remaster makes it so much better. Of all discs I've tried, this has to be one of the best.
- Action, Thriller
Confidently directed, dark, brooding, and packed with impressive action sequences and a complex story, The Dark Knight includes a career-defining turn from Heath Ledger as well as other Oscar...
- adventure, fantasy, action
Feel-Good results for The Dark Knight
Kevin Smith claims he’s heard ’reliable’ talk that HBO Max wants to make a sequel to ’Batman: The Animated Series.’
32 minutes ago
- ‘The Dark Knight’: Heath Ledger Did His Own Makeup For His Joker CostumeThe Cheat Sheet3 days ago
- Batman: The Dark Knight Miniseries by Tom Taylor and Andy Kubert Debuts This AprilBatman News4 days ago
- Goldberg: Giuliani’s descent from America’s mayor to Trump’s dark knightThe Sentinel2 hours ago
- Batman: The Dark Knight #1 With Tom Taylor and Andy Kubert in AprilBleeding Cool4 days ago
Dark Knight [Blu-ray] Christian Bale (Actor), Heath Ledger (Actor), Christopher Nolan (Director, Producer, Writer)
- Home Theater
- Behind The Scenes
- Deleted Scenes
- External Links
Taking place roughly 9 months after the first film, the film begins with the psychopathic Joker (in disguise as Bozo) and 5 of his clown-masked henchmen (Grumpy, Chuckles, Happy, Dopey and a nameless-masked bus driver) robbing the mob-owned Gotham National Bank, during which each henchman systematically double-crosses and kills the other for a larger slice of money. Eventually the only survivor is the Joker, who reveals himself from under the Bozo mask to the bank manager and then takes the m...
The Dark Knight received a PG-13 rating for intense sequences of violence and some menace by the MPAA. The film is rated 12A by the BBFC for moderate violence and sustained threat.
1. Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman 2. Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth 3. Heath Ledger as The Joker 4. Gary Oldman as James Gordon 5. Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent/Two-Face 6. Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes 7. Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox 8. Monique Curnen as Detective Anna Ramirez 9. Ron Dean as Detective Michael Wuertz 10. Nestor Carbonell as Mayor Anthony Garcia 11. Chin Han as Mr. Lau 12. Eric Roberts as Sal Maroni 13. Ritchie Coster as The Chechen 14. Anthony Michael Hall as Mi...
1. Bruce Wayne/Batman 2. Alfred Pennyworth 3. The Joker 4. Lt. James Gordon 5. Harvey Dent/Two-Face 6. Rachel Dawes 7. Lucius Fox 8. Det. Anna Ramirez 9. Det. Michael Wuertz 10. Mayor Anthony Garcia 11. Lau 12. Sal Maroni 13. The Chechen 14. Mike Engel 15. Det. Gerard Stephens 16. Coleman Reese 17. Barbara Gordon 18. James Gordon, Jr. 19. Gambol 20. Natascha Patrenko 21. Commissioner Gillian Loeb 22. Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow 23. Wilmer Rossi 24. Dopey 25. Happy 26. Grumpy 27. Chuckles 28. Ma...
Before the release of Batman Begins, screenwriter David S. Goyer had written a treatment for two sequels, introducing the Joker and Harvey Dent. On July 31, 2006, Warner Bros. Pictures officially announced the initiation of production for the sequel, titled The Dark Knight. The title makes The Dark Knight the first live-action Batman film without the word Batman in its title. Christian Bale noted, \\"This take on Batman of mine and Chris' is very different from any of the others and everything...
In May 2007, the studio launched a teaser page for The Dark Knight.Later in the month, a second teaser page was launched, featuring an image from the fictional political campaign of Harvey Dent, portrayed in the film by Aaron Eckhart, that was captioned, \\"I Believe in Harvey Dent\\". Soon after, a mimmick site appeared called IBelieveinHarveyDentToo. It showed a Jokerized version of Harvey Dent's campaign poster. Little by little, the pixels diminished into the first official photo of the Joker...
The Dark Knight was open to universal acclaim among critics, audiences, and culture alike. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film received a 94% overall approval of 277. The film also rated 82% on Metacritic. Roger Ebert describes The Dark Knight as a \\"haunted film that leaps beyond it origins and becomes an engrossing tragedy.\\" He praises the performances, direction, and writing, and says that the film \\"redefines the possibilites of the comic book movie.\\" Ebert states that the key performance is by He...
The Dark Knight DVD and Blu-ray was put out on December 9, 2008.Various Versions include: 1. DVD Single Disc. 2. DVD 2-Disc Steelbook. 3. Blu-ray. 4. Blu-ray with the Joker cover. 5. Blu-ray 2-Disc set with Bat-Pod stand. 6. Blu-ray with clown bobble-head 7. A special DVD package will come with a graphic novel of the film. 8. The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray
1. According to court documents on Judge Surrillo's desk, Gotham City is located in the fictional US state of Gotham, a homage to New York, New York. 2. These documents also reveal that the RICO case was held on July 25, 2008, likely placing the film's events between the beginning of July and the end of August 2008, setting the events in the immediate present based on when the film was released. 3. During the events of this film, the population of Gotham City is roughly 30 million. 4. The Ba...
Following rumors that as with the DVD release for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight will not include any deleted scenes, which scenes may have been in the shooting script but unfilmed, filmed but cut, or developed by the novelization's author, Denny O'Neil, will remain ambiguous and left to speculation until official word comes from the film makers. The following are just a few of the known examples: 1. Numerous alternate takes, notably differences of Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker betw...
1. \\"He thinks he can sit out and still take a slice? I know why they call him \\"the Joker\\".\\" - Grumpy 2. \\"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.\\" - the Joker 3. \\"I told you my compound would take you places. I never said they'd be places you wanted to go.\\" - Scarecrow 4. \\"Aha ha ho hee hee a-ha a-ha ho hee ha ha. And I thought my jokes were bad.\\" - the Joker 5. \\"How 'bout a magic trick?\\" - the Joker 6. \\"You wanna know how I got these scars?\\" - the Joker 7. \\"Why so s...
1. Production Notes 2. Official Teaser Page 3. The Joker Why So Serious? Page 4. Harvey Dent Political Campaign 5. Gotham City Police Department site 6. Gotham City Police Department Major Crimes Unit site 7. Gotham City Police Department Internal Affairs Division site 8. Gotham City National Bank site 9. The Gotham Times newspaper site 10. Gotham City Cable TV site 11. Blog against corruption and political abuse 12. Concerned Citizens for A Better Gotham site 13. Gotham City Rail site 14. G...
1. ↑ \\"Premiere Features Batman Begins\\", SuperHeroHype.com (2005-05-09). Retrieved on 2006-11-022006-11-02. 2. ↑ Cite error: Invalid tag;no text was provided for refs named robinov 3. ↑ Stax (2006-08-04). \\"Dark Knight Talks Dark Knight\\", IGN. Retrieved on 2006-10-032006-10-03. 4. ↑ 4.0 4.1 Josh Horowitz (2006-08-23). \\"Exclusive! Dirt on The Dark Knight!\\", Better Than Fudge. Retrieved on 2006-08-232006-08-23. 5. ↑ Stax (2006-10-03). \\"Exclusive: Nolan's Dark Knight Revelations\\", IGN. Retr...
People also ask
Why is the Dark Knight such a good movie?
Who are the actors in the Dark Knight?
What did you think of the Joker in the Dark Knight?
What does the Dark Knight symbolize?
Sep 10, 2020 · The Dark Knight is a fantasy, and a militaristic one at that, in which near-total technological overreach is necessary to capture a major terrorist. However, while the film often leans in this...
- Siddhant Adlakha