Jun 30, 2006 · Directed by David Frankel. With Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep, Adrian Grenier, Emily Blunt. A smart but sensible new graduate lands a job as an assistant to Miranda Priestly, the demanding editor-in-chief of a high fashion magazine.
- David Frankel
- 32 sec
The Devil Wears Prada is a 2006 American comedy-drama film directed by David Frankel and produced by Wendy Finerman. The screenplay, written by Aline Brosh McKenna, is based on Lauren Weisberger 's 2003 novel of the same name. The film adaptation stars Meryl Streep as Miranda Priestly, a powerful fashion magazine editor, and Anne Hathaway as Andrea "Andy" Sachs, a college graduate who goes to New York City and lands a job as Priestly's co-assistant.
The Devil Wears Prada is two films in one: a caustic, energetic satire of the fashion world and a cautionary melodrama. July 15, 2006 | Rating: 3/4 | Full Review…. If looks can truly kill, Meryl ...
- comedy, drama
The Devil Wears Prada ( 6,901 ) IMDb 6.9 1h 49min 2006 X-Ray PG-13 A young woman from the Midwest gets more than she bargained for when she moves to New York to become a writer and ends up as the assistant to the tyrannical, larger-than-life editor-in-chief of a major fashion magazine.
The Devil Wears Prada (2006) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
- Kirstie Renae
- The "Sex and the City" films (2008 and 2010) are also filled with designer clothing. Like "The Devil Wears Prada," the "Sex and the City" films are also known for their designer fashion influence.
- "Breakfast at Tiffany's" (1961) is known for its iconic fashion statements and strong female lead. The classic film is known for its iconic fashion statements, which are sure to please any "The Devil Wears Prada" fan.
- "The Bling Ring" (2013) is a fashion drama about Hollywood teens. If fashion and the opulent life of Miranda Priestly are what drew you to "The Devil Wears Prada," you should add "The Bling Ring" to your watch list.
- "Julie and Julia" (2009) featured another iconic performance by Streep. As if Streep's legendary performance as Miranda Priestly wasn't enough, she went on to star as culinary icon Julia Child in the 2009 film "Julie and Julia."
The Devil Wears Prada (2006) Plot. Showing all 6 items Jump to: Summaries (5) Synopsis (1) Summaries. A smart but sensible new graduate lands a job as an assistant to ...
Long Before The Devil Wears Prada, This Iconic Movie Pulled Back the Curtain on the Fashion IndustryInStyle via Yahoo News· 1 year ago
Looking back on 1994, the year of InStyle's birth, if I were to choose another event that had a...
- Refinery 29 UK via Yahoo News· 5 months ago
It seems like yesterday that Andy (Anne Hathaway) and her cerulean sweater shuffled into Miranda...
- PureWow via Yahoo News· 2 years ago
The comedy, written by Kaling and directed by Nisha Ganatra (The Mindy Project), follows a primetime...
The Devil Wears Prada also stars Stanley Tucci, Emily Blunt, and Adrian Grenier.
- 3 min
- My Coffee Isn’t Here. This quote from The Devil Wears Prada perfectly details that Miranda expects her staff to have what she needs when she needs it and not a moment later.
- Details Of Your Incompetence Do Not Interest Me. This line depicts Streep’s character and further solidifies her rigid demeanor as she walks with her assistant letting her know that failures aren’t of her concern.
- The Hideous Skirt Convention. Assistant Emily finds herself being catty with Andy when Andy lets her know that she has a prior engagement to attend to. Emily: Oh I’m sorry, do you have some prior commitment?
- Hire The Smart, Fat Girl. This line takes place when Miranda is inclined to let Andy know she has failed yet again. Miranda: I said to myself, go ahead. Take a chance.
Feel-Good results for The Devil Wears Prada movie
The Devil Wear Prada is a movie about a fashion magazine company, the editor was Miranda Priestly, who is played by Meryl Streep. The star of the movie is Andrea Sachs, played by Anne Hathaway. Andrea sachs decide to look for a job at a Fashion magazine company named Runway. Her goal was to work there for a year and than move on.