The Great Gatsby is a 1925 novel by American writer F. Scott Fitzgerald.Set in the Jazz Age on Long Island, the novel depicts narrator Nick Carraway's interactions with mysterious millionaire Jay Gatsby and Gatsby's obsession to reunite with his former lover, Daisy Buchanan.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
- 218 (Original US Edition)
F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic novel about America and aspiration is now in the public domain, so new editions, as well as a graphic novel and a zombie adaptation, have gotten the green light.
New York Times
1 day ago
- Vampire Great Gatsby? F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel gets undead spinCNET6 hours ago
- 'The Great Gatsby' Is Now 'The Great Gritty' Thanks to the Public DomainVICE10 hours ago
- Somebody wrote a 104-page Gatsby adaptation for the MuppetsRizzo holds up a book copy of The Great Gatsby They run off towards the hedge entrance. Wonderful. Just wonderful. And he didn’t stop at the screenplay. He also made a poster and, naturally, included a proposed cast list in the original post: Fitz & Gerald - Rizzo & Gonzo (new 4th wall breaking characters paired with Nick) Meyer Wolfsheim - Pepe the King Prawn (known here as Meyer Wolfprawn) We have no notes.AV Club2 hours ago
- The Great GatsbyBBC1 day ago
The Great Gatsby is F. Scott Fitzgerald’s third novel. Set in Jazz Age New York, it tells the tragic story of Jay Gatsby, a self-made millionaire, and his pursuit of Daisy Buchanan, a wealthy young woman whom he loved in his youth. Unsuccessful upon publication, the book is now considered a classic of American fiction.
May 10, 2013 · Directed by Baz Luhrmann. With Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton, Tobey Maguire. A writer and wall street trader, Nick, finds himself drawn to the past and lifestyle of his millionaire neighbor, Jay Gatsby.
- Baz Luhrmann
- 2 min
2 days ago · The ‘Great Gatsby’ Glut F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic novel about America and aspiration is now in the public domain, so new editions, as well as a graphic novel and a zombie adaptation ...
Mar 29, 1974 · Directed by Jack Clayton. With Robert Redford, Mia Farrow, Bruce Dern, Karen Black. A Midwesterner becomes fascinated with his nouveau riche neighbor, who obsesses over his lost love.
- Jack Clayton
- 4 min
The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald’s 1925 Jazz Age novel about the impossibility of recapturing the past, was initially a failure. Today, the story of Gatsby’s doomed love for the unattainable Daisy is considered a defining novel of the 20th century. Explore a character analysis of Gatsby, plot summary, and important quotes.
People also ask
Was the Great Gatsby a black man?
What are the stereotypes in the Great Gatsby?
Did you know these facts about 'the Great Gatsby'?
Was the Great Gatsby a real person?
The Great Gatsby is a story told by Nick Carraway, who was once Gatsby's neighbor, and he tells the story sometime after 1922, when the incidents that fill the book take place. As the story opens, Nick has just moved from the Midwest to West Egg, Long Island, seeking his fortune as a bond salesman.
Jan 14, 2019 · The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald, presents a critical portrait of the American dream through its portrayal of the 1920s New York elite.By exploring themes of wealth, class, love and idealism, The Great Gatsby raises powerful questions about American ideas and society.