May 11, 1972 · The Hospital ( 1971) The Hospital. PG-13 | 1h 43min | Comedy, Drama, Mystery | 11 May 1972 (UK) An over-burdened doctor struggles to find meaning in his life while a murderer stalks the halls of his hospital.
- Arthur Hiller
The Hospital is a 1971 satirical film directed by Arthur Hiller. It stars George C. Scott as Dr. Herbert Bock. The Hospital was written by Paddy Chayefsky, who was awarded the 1972 Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay. Chayefsky also narrates the film and was one of the producers; he had complete control over the casting and content of the film.
- $14,142,409, $9,042,000 (rentals)
- December 14, 1971 (United States)
- Morris Surdin
- Howard Gottfried
Jan 26, 2017 · Hospital is a black comedy about a bitter, suicidal doctor (George C. Scott) whose hospital is being destroyed by the murders of several staff members, as well as the staff's own ineptness.
- drama, comedy
Sep 28, 2017 · Old St. Leopold's Hospital has many urban legends surrounding it, but the residents of Bridgeport all agree on one thing: tortured souls roam its abandoned halls. The mystery proves too much for a ...
- MVD Entertainment Group
- Daniel Emery Taylor, Jim O'rear, Tommy Golden
The Hospital (165) IMDb 7.2 1h 42min 1971 PG-13 A deeply depressed doctor's suicide is interrupted by the arrival of a seductive young woman. She gives the doctor something to live for and helps him get to the bottom of the bizarre deaths suddenly plaguing the medical institution.
"The Hospital" is a better movie than you may have been led to believe. It has been criticized for switching tone in midstream, but maybe it's only heading for deeper, swifter waters. It begins as a farce, and one of the tricky things about farce is its tendency to get hysterical while trying to top itself.
The Hospital is so drenched in verisimilitude that it hits you like a documentary, and after Chayefsky fired original director Michael Ritchie for making the hospital look too glossy, his...
Christopher Cross has performed his #1 hit "Sailing" thousands of times before, but never like this — in his first session back in a recording studio since the 69-year-old was stricken with ...
CBS News via Yahoo News
3 days ago
- 'Honest Thief': Liam Neeson on the best way to give Kate Walsh bad news and fighting without painUSA TODAY Entertainment via Yahoo News20 hours ago
- Joe and Jill Biden have been married for 43 years — here's a timeline of their relationshipINSIDER via Yahoo News19 hours ago
- Peter Frampton opens up about cinematic highs and lows: "I feel like 'Almost Famous' kind of canceled out 'Sgt. Pepper'"Yahoo Music2 days ago
- Musician Christopher Cross calls COVID-19 experience the 'darkest of times,' urges mask wearingUSA TODAY Entertainment via Yahoo News2 days ago
- Maskless White People Are Fueling a Massive New Coronavirus Surge in MississippiThe Daily Beast via Yahoo News1 day ago
The Hospital (1971) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
An over-burdened doctor struggles to find meaning in his life while a murderer stalks the halls of his hospital. — Shannon Patrick Sullivan <email@example.com> and Brian McInnis Dr. Herbert Bock (George C. Scott), the chief of medicine in a New York City teaching hospital, is contemplating suicide.
Feel-Good results for The Hospital movie