Feb 12, 2015 · The Last 5 Years by Tony award winning composer and lyricist Jason Robert Brown is a musical deconstruction of a love affair and a marriage taking place over a five year period. Jamie Wellerstein is a young, talented up and coming Jewish novelist who falls in love with Cathy Hiatt, a Shiksa Goddess struggling actress.
- Richard Lagravenese
- 2 min
The Last Five Years is a musical written by Jason Robert Brown. It premiered at Chicago's Northlight Theatre in 2001 and was then produced Off-Broadway in March 2002. Since then it has had numerous productions both in the United States and internationally.
- Jason Robert Brown
- 2001 Chicago, 2002 Off-Broadway, 2005 Germany, 2006 London, 2007 Edinburgh Fringe, 2009 Barcelona, 2010 Sweden, 2012 Denmark, 2013 Off-Broadway revival, 2014 Film, 2014 Norway, 2015 Finland, 2015 Denmark, 2015 Ireland, 2016 Madrid, 2016 Poland, 2016 West End, 2017 Melbourne, 2017/2018 Mexico, 2018 Barcelona revival, 2018 Israel, 2018 Stockholm, 2018 Dallas, Texas, 2018 Edinburgh Fringe, 2018 São Paulo, Brazil, 2019 Syracuse, NY, 2019 Edinburgh, 2019 Istanbul, Turkey, 2020 London
It's a musical about the beginning and end of a five-year relationship, and each partner is starting at a different point and meeting in the middle. If that sounds confusing, The Last Five Years...
- romance, musical
The Last Five Years (686) IMDb 5.9 1h 34min 2015 PG-13 Based on the hit musical by Jason Robert Brown, a struggling actress (Anna Kendrick) and her novelist boyfriend (Jeremy Jordan) recount the rise and fall of their 5 year love affair.
The Last Five Years is a 2014 American musical romantic comedy-drama film starring Anna Kendrick and Jeremy Jordan as married couple Cathy Hiatt and Jamie Wellerstein. Based on Jason Robert Brown 's musical of the same name, the film is written and directed by Richard Lagravenese.
People also ask
What is the story of the last five years?
Is the last five years a musical?
Who is the last five years?
Is last five years off Broadway?
This modern musical ingeniously chronicles the five-year life of a marriage, from meeting to break-up and from break-up to meeting. Jason Robert Brown's Drama Desk winner, The Last Five Years, has been translated into a handful of languages and was named one of TIME Magazine 's ten best shows of 2001.
The Last 5 Years by Tony award winning composer and lyricist Jason Robert Brown is a musical deconstruction of a love affair and a marriage taking place over a five year period. Jamie Wellerstein is a young, talented up and coming Jewish novelist who falls in love with Cathy Hiatt, a Shiksa Goddess struggling actress.
Hope, who has worked as a producer with filmmakers ranging from Ang Lee to Nicole Holofcener, spent the last five years</ ...
Indiewire via Yahoo News
45 minutes ago
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) Share Prices Have Dropped 58% In The Last Five YearsSimply Wall St. via Yahoo Finance3 days ago
- Announcing: Hochschild Mining (LON:HOC) Stock Increased An Energizing 206% In The Last Five YearsSimply Wall St. via Yahoo Finance3 days ago
- Rudy Giuliani's Daughter Suggests You Ignore Her Dad And Vote For Joe BidenHuffPost via Yahoo News4 days ago
- Update: Churchill China (LON:CHH) Stock Gained 57% In The Last Five YearsSimply Wall St. via Yahoo Finance1 day ago
- Is Gresham House's (LON:GHE) 123% Share Price Increase Well Justified?Simply Wall St. via Yahoo Finance8 hours ago
Synopsis Drama Desk award-winner The Last Five Years is Jason Robert Brown’s intimate window into a couple’s doomed marriage. Cathy, a struggling actress, and Jamie, a budding novelist on the brink of wild success, are 20-somethings in New York who meet, fall in love, marry, and divorce over the span of five years.
Jason Robert Brown’s Drama Desk Award winning musical, The Last Five Years, is an emotionally powerful and intimate show about two New Yorkers who fall in and out of love over the course of five years.