May 05, 1977 · Passengers who search for romantic nights aboard a beautiful ship travelling to tropical or mysterious countries, decide to pass their vacation aboard the "Love Boat", where Gopher (Fred Grandy), Dr. Bricker (Bernie Kopell), Isaac Ted Lange), Julie (Lauren Tewes), and Captain Stubing (Gavin MacLeod) try their best to please them, and sometimes help them fall in love.
The Love Boat is an American romantic comedy / drama television series set on luxury passenger cruise ship MS Pacific Princess, which aired on the ABC television network from 1977 to 1986; in addition, four three-hour long specials aired in 1986, 1987, and 1990.
The Love Boat Season 1 (4) 1978 TV-PG Join the members of the Pacific Princess crew, headed by Capt. Stubing (Gavin MacLeod), as they greet passengers for the trip of a lifetime.
People also ask
Was the Love Boat filmed on a real ship?
When did Vicki Stubing first appear on the Love Boat?
Who was the captain on the Love Boat?
Where was the Love Boat filmed?
The Love Boat S1 E1 The Captain And The Lady/One If By Land/ Centerfold Havok follows Capt. Stubing's ex-wife when she boards for a cruise with her current spouse, who happens to be the captain's boss! Meanwhile, a couple splits up and Suzanne Somers helps one of them find a new outlook.
The Love Boat (TV Series 1977–1987) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
Mar 07, 1981 · Julie's (Lauren Tewes) friend (Juliet Mills) sails with her fiancé (Gary Conway) only to discover her other fiancé (Pedro Armendáriz Jr.) is also on board, as well, and has to spend the... See full summary »
- Earl Bellamy
- Laurie Ulster
- Gavin MacLeod — Captain Merrill Stubing. When he was cast on The Love Boat, MacLeod had just wrapped up seven years on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. His agent told him The Love Boat script “sucked” but added that Spelling really wanted MacLeod for the part, and the industry-savvy actor recognized it immediately for what it was: a gold mine.
- Bernie Kopell — Doctor Adam Bricker. Kopell was already well known to TV audiences long before he set sail on The Love Boat. Oddly, he started out his acting career playing mostly Mexicans and Puerto Ricans.
- Fred Grandy — Yeoman Purser Burl "Gopher" Smith. Up until The Love Boat, Fred Grandy’s biggest break was a recurring role as Carol’s boyfriend on the show Maude.
- Ted Lange – Bartender Isaac Washington. Surprisingly, Ted Lange used to co-write a sex advice column for the magazine FHM. Initially, his co-writer was porn star Jenna Jameson and then he partnered up with Beth Ostrosky Stern, wife of Howard.
During a recent reunion for the hit '70s series Love Boat, McNichol, who also starred on the '80s sitcom Empty Nest but vanished from the spotlight in part because she was diagnosed with bipolar...
- related to: The Love Boat