Jul 31, 2019 · Storyline. Inspired by remarkable true life rescue missions, this is the incredible story of a group of Mossad agents and brave Ethiopians who in the early 80s used a deserted holiday retreat in Sudan as a front to smuggle thousands of refugees to Israel. The undercover team carrying out this mission is led by the charismatic Ari Kidron and courageous local Kabede Bimro.
- Gideon Raff
- 2 min
- wikipedia.org★The Red Sea Diving Resort is loosely based on the events of Operation Moses and Operation Joshua (jointly referred to as Operation Brothers), in which Ethiopian Jews were covertly moved from refugee camps in Sudan to Israel during the 1980s★The actual abandoned resort, the Arous Holiday Village on the Red Sea, was located roughly 70 kilometers from Port Sudan and was managed by Mossad operatives for a period of six months★The existence of these operations was first revealed in Gad Shimron’s 1998 book Mossad Exodus: The Daring Undercover Rescue Of The Lost Jewish Tribe, though the film is not associated with the book★In August 2015, Fox Searchlight purchased the rights for the film.★Development on the film was first announced in March 2017, with Gideon Raff directing and writing the screenplay, and Chris Evans and Haley Bennett cast.★Shooting took place in South Africa and Namibia
Our Featured Articles
- Variety via Yahoo News2 years ago
... Hass.” Never mind that Sudan was in a state of civil war and no place for tourists in the early...
- Variety via Yahoo News1 year ago
While Gideon Raff’s Netflix thriller “The Red Sea Diving Resort” shot largely in South Africa and...
- PopSugar via Yahoo Sports2 years ago
There are plenty of movies based on true stories these days, but probably none quite as wild as The ...
The Red Sea Diving Resort is loosely based on the events of Operation Moses and Operation Joshua (jointly referred to as Operation Brothers), in which Ethiopian Jews were covertly moved from refugee camps in Sudan to Israel during the 1980shttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Jews_in_Israel#Operation_Brothers
Cast - Last seen in
- Variety via Yahoo News2 years ago
The Red Sea Diving Resort (also known as Operation Brothers) is a 2019 spy thriller film written and directed by Gideon Raff. The film stars Chris Evans as an Israeli Mossad agent who runs a covert operation that helps Ethiopian-Jewish refugees escape to safe haven in Israel.
People also ask
Is the Red Sea Diving Resort a true story?
What is the Red Sea diving retreat?
What is the setting of the movie Red Sea diving?
Who is the cast of Red Sea diving resort?
Aug 05, 2019 · The Red Sea Diving Resort is staggering in its utter lack of self-awareness, a movie attempting (and failing) to be very righteous in its discussion of refugee rights and displaced peoples. August...
Jul 31, 2019 · “The Red Sea Diving Resort” tells the true story of a group of Mossad agents in the early ‘80s who rescued hundreds of Jewish-Ethiopian refugees though Sudan and then back to Israel. The tone of the film is set by its opening scene, in which we watch Ethiopians fleeing gun-toting villains to nearby trucks. Of course, a child is missing.
Aug 09, 2019 · Starring Chris Evans, Michael K. Williams and Haley Bennett, The Red Sea Diving Resort is based on true events, namely the Operation Brothers mission which ran from 1979 to 1984 and saved the lives...
- Suyin Haynes
- related to: The Red Sea Diving Resort movie
yidio.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
christmas-sales-online.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
chilimovie.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month