In 1998, Tom Cruise successfully sued the Daily Express, a British tabloid which alleged that his marriage to Kidman was a sham designed to cover up his homosexuality. In May 2001, Cruise filed a lawsuit against gay porn actor Chad Slater. Slater had told the celebrity magazine Actustar that he had been involved in an affair with Cruise.
Tom Cruise revealed why he didn't go ahead with the role of Iron Man/Tony Stark in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The role went to Robert Downey Jr and the film went on to establish a billion-dollar franchise.
The Indian Express
1 hour ago
Tom Cruise, Actor: Top Gun. In 1976, if you had told fourteen-year-old Franciscan seminary student Thomas Cruise Mapother IV that one day in the not too distant future he would be Tom Cruise, one of the top 100 movie stars of all time, he would have probably grinned and told you that his ambition was to join the priesthood.
The Official Tom Cruise Website: Featuring Tom Cruise’s biography, filmography, links to social media accounts, and information about his latest films. TOM CRUISE is a global cultural icon who has made an immeasurable impact on cinema by creating some of the most memorable characters of all time.
Tom and Katie Holmes became the parents of Suri Cruise, who was born on April 18, 2006 in Los Angeles, California. Suri weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and was 20 inches. In the past twenty years since his first hundred million dollar grosser ( Top Gun (1986)), only six of his films have failed to reach that status.
- Thomas Cruise Mapother IV
- 5' 7" (1.7 m)
- July 3, 1962 in Syracuse, New York, USA
- 'Taps,' 'The Outsiders' Cruise set a 10-year deadline for himself in which to build an acting career. He left school and moved to New York City, struggling through audition after audition before landing an appearance in 1981's Endless Love, starring Brooke Shields.
- 'Risky Business' His next film, Risky Business (1983), grossed $65 million. It also made Cruise a highly recognizable actor — thanks in no small part to a memorable scene of the young star dancing in his underwear.
- 'Top Gun' In 1986, after a two-year hiatus, the budding actor released the big-budget fantasy film Legend, which did poorly at the box office. That same year, however, Cruise's A-list status was confirmed with the release of Top Gun, which co-starred Kelly McGillis, Anthony Edwards and Meg Ryan.
- 'The Color of Money,' 'Rain Man' and 'Born on the Fourth of July' Cruise followed the tremendous success of Top Gun with a string of both critically acclaimed and commercially successful films.
Tom Cruise is an American actor and producer who made his film debut with a minor role in the 1981 romantic drama Endless Love. His breakthrough role was in the coming-of-age comedy Risky Business (1983), which garnered Cruise his first nomination for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy.
- Ashley Moor
- Disney modeled a certain beloved character after Cruise. If you've ever spotted a slight similarity between Tom Cruise and Aladdin from the Disney film with the same title, then it might be because the animators at Disney actually borrowed features from Cruise's face and hair to make the character more likable.
- He divorced all of his wives when they were 33 years-old. Cruise has three ex-wives: Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman, and Katie Holmes. In a crazy coincidence, they were all 33 years old at the time of the split.
- He's credited with saving the sunglasses company Ray-Ban. It's hard to believe it now, but in 1981, the sunglasses company Ray-Ban was in trouble. The now-ubiquitous Wayfarer sold only 18,000 models that year.
- He improvised the Risky Business dance. In a scene that took half a day to film, Cruise showed off his best moves by completely improvising the famous dance after following this simple piece of instruction in the film's script: "Joel dances in underwear through the house."
Apr 15, 2021 · The actress appeared on Wednesday's episode of "The Drew Barrymore Show" and told Barrymore a story about attending a party filled with movie stars at Tom Cruise's house about 30 years ago ...
- related to: Tom Cruise
discount99.us has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month