Jun 24, 2009 · Sam Witwicky leaves the Autobots behind for a normal life. But when his mind is filled with cryptic symbols, the Decepticons target him and he is dragged back into the Transformers' war. Director Michael Bay Writers Ehren Kruger Roberto Orci Alex Kurtzman Shia LaBeouf Megan Fox Josh Duhamel See production, box office & company info Add to Watchlist
- Michael Bay
- Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is a 2009 American science fiction action film directed by Michael Bay and is based on the Transformers toy line. The film is the sequel to 2007's Transformers, as well as the second installment in the live-action Transformers film series.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (17,870) 5.9 2 h 29 min 2009 X-Ray HDR UHD PG-13 The battle for Earth continues when college-bound Sam Witwicky learns the truth about the ancient origins of the Transformers and must join in their continued battle against the Decepticons. Directors Michael Bay Starring Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel
- 149 min
When college-bound Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) learns the truth about the ancient origins of the Transformers, he must join Optimus Prime and Bumblebee in their epic battle against the Decepticons, who have returned with a plan to destroy our world. Directors Michael Bay Starring Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel Genres
- Main Cast
- Continuity Notes
- Transformers References
- Other editions
- Prequel Material
In 17,000 B.C., a group of human hunters discover Transformers already on Earth, building a machine. One of the Transformersnotices the humans, and his reaction is less than friendly. Two years after the battle of Mission City, the Autobots have teamed up with the American soldiers, including Lennox and Epps, in a secret team named NEST under the c...
"Gotta wonder... if God made us in his image, who made him?" 1. —Epps, as Galloway first witnesses Optimus's transformation. "We've shed blood, sweat, and precious metal together." "Soldier, you're paid to shoot, not talk." [muttering] "Don't tempt me." 1. —Epps is not really happy with Galloway's plan to get rid of the Autobots. "So let me ask: If...
* Bumblebee's lines as spoken by Ryan were cut from the final movie, but one scene where his voice could be heard was in a promotional video created for ShoWest 2009. † The individual known as "Skipjack" (not to be confused with Rampage who went by the name "Skipjack" in early production and even had this name carry over into the end credits), coul...While it was originally believed Archibald Witwicky's encounter with Megatron was humanity's first encounter with Transformers. As of this film, humanity's first encounter with robotic aliens from...With the Allspark's destruction at the end of Transformers, the Autobots had accepted Earth as their new home. The Allspark fragment Optimus’ took out of Megatron’s exposed spark chamber, in that f...During the past two years, the Autobots had formed an alliance with the United States, putting together a classified strike team called N.E.S.T, hunting for signs of any Decepticons hiding around t...Responding to Optimus’ open invitation sent into space at the end of the first film, for any surviving Autobots to take refuge on Earth, Autobots Sideswipe, Arcee, Skids, and Mudflap (also Jolt, bu...
Filming / editing / technical errors
1. In the opening scene of the movie, when the Fallen lands to inspect the tribe of humans, he lifts up his right foot to stomp on them. However, when the scene switched to an overhead view, it is suddenly his left foot that stomps. 1. When the Twins crash during their pursuit of Sideways, the pairs' voices are switched, with Tom Kenny's voice coming from Mudflap as he announces he is okay, and Reno Wilson delivering the admonishments as Skids punches him. 1. During the Shanghai battle, when...
Story / continuity errors
1. Most of the NEST and American soldiers are seen using small-calibre arms such as assault rifles, machine guns, and sniper rifles against the Decepticons, despite the previous film establishing very clearly that such weapons were useless against Cybertronians, and that "high-heat" sabot rounds were the only Human weapons capable of penetrating Decepticon armour. Even if they somehow figured out how to make small calibre ammunition achieve the "high heat" required to damage Decepticon armour...
1. The Shanghai "industrial district" is... interesting, to say the least. There's a company sign that translates as "Empire Import and Export" (which would be the Chinese equivalent of a US company named "Soviet Import and Export") right next to a huge ironworks, dozens of people not even remotely dressed like workers are being evacuated... and at least Demolishorthought that a giant mining excavator wouldn't be terribly out of place there. 1. The aerial view of Princeton Universityis immedi...
In addition to carryovers from the previous film, various concepts and characters are derived from previous iterations of Transformers: 1. The whole concept of "Transformers disguised as a human" used for Alice is inspired by the Pretenders. Roberto Orci even used the term "Pretender" during an interview before the movie's release. However, a Trans...A slightly longer edit was shown in IMAX theaters, which featured some brief additional scenes filmed with special IMAX cameras. An exclusive deal with Paramount resulted in Harry Potter and the Ha...A rumor claims that there exists a censored version of Revenge of the Fallen in which the rude " suck my popsicle!" decal on the side of Skids and Mudflap's ice cream truck alternate mode is edited...
Titan movie comics
While the Decepticons were disgusted with the pro-Autobot propaganda of Bay's first documentary #13's Star Screams, they were quite optimistic about the second film. Starscream took a strong interest in it, going to the trouble of personally convincing Soundwave to be in the film 15's Star Screams. The Decepticons promised this new documentary would show a glorious Decepticon victory #10's Star Screams—whether it was in the script or not. #18's Star Screams Shockingly, even they were under a...
1. Transformers: The Veiled Threat A prequel novel in the same vein as Transformers: Ghosts of Yesterday chronicling the first missions of NEST.
IDW Transformers movie comics
1. Transformers: Destiny A prequel series consisting of two four-issue minisseries: 1. 1.1. Transformers: Alliance A four-issue limited miniseries picking up after the events of The Reign of Starscream and tying into The Veiled Threat novel, leading up to Revenge of the Fallenitself. 1. 1.1. Transformers: Defiance A four-issue limited miniseries set on Cybertron in the past, setting the stage for Revenge of the Fallen. 1. Transformers: Tales of the Fallen A series of spotlights for six Transf...
Two sequels to the first Transformers movie were greenlit in the wake of its success, with Revenge being the first. Although Michael Bay had previously stated that he might need a break from giant space robots before tackling a third film, he confirmed a July 1, 2011release date on his blog. 1. Main articles: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (film), ...
Revenge of the Fallen had its world premiere on June 8th, 2009, in Tokyo, Japan. Michael Bay, Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Isabel Lucas and Ramon Rodriguez attended. Other countries such as South Korea, the United Kingdom and Germany followed over the course of the next few days. The United States premiere was held on June ...