The United Kingdom is a unitary parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy. The monarch is Queen Elizabeth II, who has reigned since 1952. The United Kingdom's capital is London, a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million.
Jan 17, 2021 · United Kingdom, island country located off the northwestern coast of mainland Europe. It comprises the whole of the island of Great Britain—which contains England, Wales, and Scotland—as well as the northern portion of the island of Ireland. Its capital is London.
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland or simply the United Kingdom (UK) is a sovereign country in Western Europe. It is a constitutional monarchy that is made up of four separate countries: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. It is a member of the United Nations, the Commonwealth, NATO and the G8.
People also ask
Which countries are in the United Kingdom?
What makes up the United Kingdom?
What are countries in the United Kingdom?
What is the difference between the United Kingdom and Great Britain?
The United Kingdom (UK) is arguably Europe's most influential country. In simple terms, it's the union of the individual countries of England, Scotland and Wales, collectively called Great Britain (Europe's largest island) and the northeastern corner of Ireland - the constitutionally distinct region of Northern Ireland.
- John Moen
President Joe Biden on Monday will reinstate the Covid-19 travel restrictions on non-US citizens who have been in Brazil, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and ...
CNN via Yahoo News
54 minutes ago
- New COVID-19 test requirement for international flights to the US begins; are travelers (and airlines) ready?USA TODAY via Yahoo News5 hours ago
- UK officials say people who get the contagious coronavirus variant may have a higher risk of death. Here's why that could be.Business Insider via Yahoo News2 hours ago
- Michigan athletes push back on shutdown after COVID-19 'super-spreader strain' found on campusYahoo Sports via AOL1 hour ago
- President Biden reinstates COVID-19 travel restrictions lifted by Trump, imposes South Africa banUSA TODAY via Yahoo News7 hours ago
- Biden Will Restrict Travel From South Africa, Reinstates Ban to EU, UK, BrazilTravel+Leisure via Yahoo News12 hours ago
The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy and parliamentary democracy, with a queen and a parliament that has two houses: the House of Lords, with 574 life peers, 92 hereditary peers, and 26 bishops; and the House of Commons, which has 651 popularly elected members.
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK), since 1922, comprises four constituent countries: England, Scotland, and Wales (which collectively make up Great Britain), as well as Northern Ireland (variously described as a country, province or region).
Jan 18, 2021 · The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the United Kingdom or the UK) is a constitutional monarchy comprising much of the British Isles.. This Union is more than 300 years old and comprises four constituent countries: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
- 242,295km², water: 1,680km², land: 241,930km²
- Parliamentary devolved democracy under a constitutional monarch
- Pound sterling (£, GBP)
- related to: United Kingdom