Vincennes (/ v ɪ n ˈ s ɛ n z, v æ̃ ˈ s ɛ n /, French: ) is a commune in the Val-de-Marne department in the eastern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located 6.7 km (4.2 mi) from the centre of Paris. It is next to but does not include the Château de Vincennes and Bois de Vincennes, which are attached to the city of Paris.
Vincennes, town, eastern residential suburb of Paris, Val-de-Marne département, Île-de-France région, north-central France, immediately outside the Paris city limits. The château of Vincennes, which succeeded an earlier fortified hunting lodge on the site, consists of four principal buildings—the keep, the chapel, and two pavilions—enclosed by an enceinte with nine towers.
- The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
Chateau of Vincennes 1,168 Castles, Historic Sites Église Saint-Louis de Vincennes 32 Churches & Cathedrals Square Carnot 5 Gardens Hotel de Ville de Vincennes 8 Government Buildings Louis IX dit Saint Louis 3 Monuments & Statues Fresque Vincennes 2 Points of Interest & Landmarks Eglise Notre Dame 4 Churches & Cathedrals Fresque Famille Addams 2
- Château de Vincennes. You may recognise this monument by its formidable 52-metre 14th-century donjon, which has four circular turrets, arrow loops and crenellations, all defended by an outer walled enclosure and a deep, impassable moat.
- Bois de Vincennes. The château started as a hunting lodge, built by King Louis VII in the 12th century, and the Bois de Vincennes was where the kings came for their sport.
- Parc Floral de Paris. The tourist trail in Paris can be exhausting in summer, which makes the city’s parks such a godsend. The Parc Floral is in the Bois de Vincennes, and is still the fourth largest Paris park in its own right.
- Palais de la Porte Dorée. You’ll have three motives for dropping by this outlandish building on the western side of the Bois de Vincennes: To drink in the otherworldly architecture, to reflect at the Immigration Museum and to appreciate the marine life at the aquarium in the basement.
Feb 11, 2020 · Top Attractions in Vincennes See all 2022 1. Chateau of Vincennes 1,169 Historic Sites • Castles Bercy / Nation Admission tickets from $18.43 By Whalingcitytraveler Well worth a visit especially with kids 2. Église Saint-Louis de Vincennes 32 Churches & Cathedrals By CrinkleDublin
Located in Paris, Ile de France, the Paris Zoological Park, formerly known as Bois de Vincennes Zoological Gardens and commonly referred to as ‘’ Vincennes Zoo‘’, introduces visitors to the deepest secrets of 180 different animal species, including 61 species of birds and 46 mammal species. In total, the park is home to more than 2,000 animals!