Other possible causes of rashes include the following:
- A rash can sometimes develop in the area of a bug bite, such as a flea bite. ...
- Eczema, or atopic dermatitis, is a rash that primarily occurs in people with asthma or allergies. ...
- Psoriasis is a common skin condition that can cause a scaly, itchy, red rash to form along the scalp, elbows, and joints.
People also ask
What causes rash on arms and legs?
What causes itchy bumps on top of insects?
What causes a rash in the diaper area?
Oct 10, 2020 · Some causes of an unexplained rash are an allergic reaction, abrasive clothing, and chronic fatigue syndrome. An allergic reaction is an especially common cause of unexplained rashes, but the patient often never finds out what he or she came into contact with that triggered the reaction. Chronic fatigue syndrome is a rarer cause, but researchers are unsure how rare due to how poorly understood the condition is and how many people go undiagnosed worldwide.
- Drug Rash. Medications can cause drug rash due to allergic reactions, side effects or skin's sensitivity to sunlight after taking certain medicals. Common drugs that can cause rashes on arms and legs include anti-seizure medications, antibiotics, or diuretics.
- Bug Bites. Usually, people are bitten by ticks or fleas. If you have rashes after bug bites, you should be concerned about the possibility of transmitting diseases.
- Causes of Rash on Children. Rash on arms and legs of children can be seen due to various factors like: Chicken pox caused by a virus leading to very itchy blisters.
- Allergic Reactions. Allergic reaction of medicines, topical lotions, detergents and foods can cause rash on arms and legs. The rash can range from mild and minor symptoms to life-threatening cases that an anaphylactic shock is presented, which can be started with swelling and constriction of the nasal passage, making breathing difficult and thus is life threatening.
Oct 08, 2020 · Also call if you have other, unexplained symptoms. With most itching, you do not need to see a provider. Look for an obvious cause of itching at home. It is sometimes easy for a parent to find the cause of a child's itching. Looking closely at the skin will help you identify any bites, stings, rashes, dry skin, or irritation.
- West Nile Virus
- Infectious Mononucleosis
- Valley Fever (Coccidioidomycosis)
Oct 08, 2020 · It is nothing to worry about. Baby acne is caused by exposure to the mother's hormones. Red bumps, sometimes with white dots in the center, may be seen on a newborn's face. Acne most often occurs between 2 and 4 weeks of age, but may appear up to 4 months after birth and can last for 12 to 18 months.
Oct 10, 2020 · It's not the anxiety itself that causes a rash, but the stress caused by anxiety. Stress puts your body in a state of extreme tension and releases a great deal of cortisol and adrenaline into your bloodstream - both of which are known to lead to skin reactions.
- Contact Dermatitis. Contact dermatitis is a skin condition in which the skin becomes inflamed after contact with an "irritant" or "allergic" substance, usually resulting in red, streaky or patchy rash at the contact site.
- Urticaria or Hives. Urticaria or hives are allergic reaction triggered by an allergen to which a person is susceptible. Allergen in this case is usually eaten or inhaled as opposed to mere skin contact (as in allergic contact dermatitis).
- Eczema. Eczema or atopic dermatitis can also cause rash on buttocks. It is characterized by prolonged scaly and itchy rashes. Exposure to certain "substances" can worsen the symptoms of eczema.
- Psoriasis. Psoriasis is a skin disorder characterized by thick, red skin with flaky, silver-white "scales". Lesion can occur over the buttock regions also, although it is not the usual site for the psoriasis lesion to occur.
- Bed Bug Bite. Bed Bugs are parasitic insects that feed only on blood. When bitten, the skin erupts in circular and orderly row of red bumps. The rash can also cause itchiness, swelling and redness an hour after being bitten.
- Mosquito Bite. Mosquitoes are usually harmless creatures. However, there are certain types of mosquitos that cause various fatal illnesses such as Malaria, Pilaria and Dengue fever.
- Chigger Bite. Chiggers, larvae of mites, feed on fluids in skin cells and reside in damp areas with dense vegetation. When chiggers bite, it leaves red, itchy bumps on the skin.
- Tick Bite. These are small insects that are very similar in appearance to spiders. They feed human and animal blood. Most often, you may not feel a tick bite.
Oct 01, 2020 · This can be caused by sun damage, as in severe sunburn, or as a result of contact with a hot surface. Friction also is known to cause blisters, such as when boots or shoes rub against the skin until a protective blister appears. These blisters tend to dissipate fairly quickly.
- Dental Abscess. An infected tooth can cause a dental abscess to form in the mouth. The infection can cause recurrent fevers when the abscess flares from time to time until the infection invades the bloodstream and becomes constant.
- Periodic Fever Syndrome. This is a genetic syndrome inherited from parents that causes fever in children without the presence of an infection. It is a gene mutation and most children are perfectly well between flares of the disorder.
- Cyclic Neutropenia. This disorder occurs when the white blood cell count drops. The white blood cells fight infection in the body by killing off bacteria.
- Borrelia Burgdorferi. Borrelia is the bacterium that causes Lyme disease. You get this from being bit by an infected tick. It is usually deer ticks that carry borrelia and common on the East coast, although you can get it anywhere in the United States.