Other possible causes of rashes include the following:
- A rash can sometimes develop in the area of a bug bite, such as a flea bite. ...
- Eczema, or atopic dermatitis, is a rash that primarily occurs in people with asthma or allergies. ...
- Psoriasis is a common skin condition that can cause a scaly, itchy, red rash to form along the scalp, elbows, and joints.
People also ask
What causes skin rash?
What causes a rash in the small of the back?
What causes a rash in the small of the back?
What causes red bumps on arms and legs?
What is hives rash?
- Irritant Contact Dermatitis. When your skin comes in contact with an irritant, it can cause a dry, non-itchy eruption. Certain chemicals like detergents or other cleaning and industrial products can cause this contact dermatitis.
- Drug Rash. Exposure to drugs, like diuretics, antibiotics or anti-seizure pills, can result in eruptions, either as a direct side effect or an allergic reaction.
- Intertrigo. This is caused by a skin friction induced inflammation. It occurs on moist and warm areas of the body, including the groin, under your breasts, abdominal skin folds, armpits or between your toes.
- Heat Fever. The most common and mild heat rash is miliaria crystalline. It appears as small, clear-white, fluid-filled bumps on your skin surface. These small bumps are sweat bubbles that often burst open.
- Eczema. Eczema or dermatitis refers to several skin conditions with a similar pattern on the skin surface. It is one of the most common skin conditions, which starts with red and itchy blisters or bumps.
- Dry Skin Rash. A dry skin rash is common among adults. Dry skin is prone to a rash because it is easily irritated when dry and cold. A dry skin rash makes your skin extremely inflamed and itchy.
- Hives. Hives is another rash that comes and goes, which is also an allergic reaction. Hives develop every time your skin contacts a chemical or irritant that it is allergic to.
- Skin Fungal Infection Rash. Fungi such as dermatophytes yeasts cause skin fungal infections. Rashes from fungal infections often develop because of improper hygiene.
2 days ago · It is nothing to worry about. Baby acne is caused by exposure to the mother's hormones. Red bumps, sometimes with white dots in the center, may be seen on a newborn's face. Acne most often occurs between 2 and 4 weeks of age, but may appear up to 4 months after birth and can last for 12 to 18 months.
Hives can form into a scratch-looking rash as a result of an allergic reaction to something. These appear as raised bumps, redness, itching, and even heat to the touch. The most common causes are eating something you are allergic to or skin exposure to an allergen.
- Drug Rash. Medications can cause drug rash due to allergic reactions, side effects or skin's sensitivity to sunlight after taking certain medicals. Common drugs that can cause rashes on arms and legs include anti-seizure medications, antibiotics, or diuretics.
- Bug Bites. Usually, people are bitten by ticks or fleas. If you have rashes after bug bites, you should be concerned about the possibility of transmitting diseases.
- Causes of Rash on Children. Rash on arms and legs of children can be seen due to various factors like: Chicken pox caused by a virus leading to very itchy blisters.
- Allergic Reactions. Allergic reaction of medicines, topical lotions, detergents and foods can cause rash on arms and legs. The rash can range from mild and minor symptoms to life-threatening cases that an anaphylactic shock is presented, which can be started with swelling and constriction of the nasal passage, making breathing difficult and thus is life threatening.
Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) is a disease that causes small blood vessels in the skin to leak because of inflammation. The primary symptom is a rash that looks like many small raised bruises on the legs. The rash is most often on the legs and buttocks, but it can appear on other parts of the body.
- Contact Dermatitis. Contact dermatitis is a skin condition in which the skin becomes inflamed after contact with an "irritant" or "allergic" substance, usually resulting in red, streaky or patchy rash at the contact site.
- Urticaria or Hives. Urticaria or hives are allergic reaction triggered by an allergen to which a person is susceptible. Allergen in this case is usually eaten or inhaled as opposed to mere skin contact (as in allergic contact dermatitis).
- Eczema. Eczema or atopic dermatitis can also cause rash on buttocks. It is characterized by prolonged scaly and itchy rashes. Exposure to certain "substances" can worsen the symptoms of eczema.
- Psoriasis. Psoriasis is a skin disorder characterized by thick, red skin with flaky, silver-white "scales". Lesion can occur over the buttock regions also, although it is not the usual site for the psoriasis lesion to occur.
Shingles affects previous sufferers of chickenpox, caused by the herpes zoster virus. When the virus becomes reactivated, patients feel tingling, pain, and numbness in one particular skin area, which develops into a red itchy rash. This rash will eventually become blistered; the blisters will then burst and dry out. How to Deal With Itchy Arms
A localized swelling refers to rash coupled with swelling over a large surface area, which is not serious case. A serious allergies caused by the sting of a wasp, yellow jacket or hornet can lead to symptoms including itchy, red skin rashes or hives, coupled with dizziness, rapid pulse, swollen throat or face, difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Allergy or Environmental Irritation Exposure to chemicals such as many laundry detergents can activate the immune system causing an allergic reaction and skin irritation. Detergents, soaps and skin care products are often the cause of unexplained rashes.