- What You Need to Know
- Getting Tested
- CDC Vaccine Data Tracker
Vaccine Rollout as of Apr 01:
Total Distributed: 4,989,325. Total Administered: 4,140,842.VA Vaccine DashboardCDC COVID-19 Vaccines
Visit your state's vaccine dashboard to learn more about their distribution guidelines. The CDC also has updated information on COVID-19 vaccines, including recommendations processes, differences about the different types, their benefits, safety data, and frequently asked questions.Crisis Text Line
- What You Need to Know
- Standout Stories - Our Picks
JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores
AssunDIY on YouTube
Nanay Express via YouTube
Millie and Chloe
Feb 23, 2021 · There are many types of masks you can use to protect yourself and others from getting and spreading COVID-19. When choosing a mask, choose one that fits snugly. Learn more about how to choose a mask that fits well and offers the best protection.
Jan 29, 2021 · Face masks help contain respiratory droplets that can transmit SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, from people who do not know they have the virus. For example, when inside an office, store, restaurant or school, or when on public transportation, you should wear a mask.
Types of Face Masks for Coronavirus. Masks for health care workers. N95 respirators and surgical masks should be reserved for health care workers and first responders. Because there aren’t ...
Type of material used in face masks and fabric layers can affect Covid-19 exposure risk
Wearing a face mask can protect yourself and others from Covid-19, but the type of material and how many fabric layers used can significantly affect exposure risk, finds a study from the Georgia Institute of Technology. The study measured the filtration ...
1 week ago
Curbing coronavirus spread in enclosed spaces means better masks, adequate ventilation
With research increasingly showing the COVID-19 virus is transmissible via smaller droplets suspended in air, there is a growing concern current public health guidelines of mask wearing and social distancing are insufficient in combating its spread in indoor environments,
1 week ago
Aug 14, 2020 · Studies show that cloth and medical-grade face masks can cut down on coronavirus droplet spread by 80% or more. But not all masks are equal. Infectious diseases and infection control specialist Roy Chemaly, M.D., discusses which types of masks work best against COVID-19.
Apr 06, 2021 · CDC recommends that people wear masks in public settings, at events and gatherings, and anywhere they will be around other people. Effective February 2, 2021, masks are required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and ...
- Europe's FFP2. In response to the spread of new, more contagious variants of the coronavirus, some European countries are mandating the use of FFP1 and FFP2 masks -- which stand for "filtering facepiece respirator."
- KN95 and similar filtering facepiece respirators. The KN95 masks, which are certified via Chinese standards, also filter out and capture 95% of 0.3 micron particles.
- Surgical-grade masks. Designed to be used by surgeons and other health care professionals, surgical-grade masks are loose-fitting, disposable devices meant to "help block large-particle droplets, splashes, sprays, or splatter that may contain germs (viruses and bacteria), keeping it from reaching your mouth and nose," according to the US Food and Drug Administration.
- Homemade cloth masks. The most common mask in use among the general public today is a fabric mask, often homemade. Effectiveness depends on the type of fabric used and the number of layers of cloth.
Jun 02, 2020 · When you hear about face masks for COVID-19 prevention, it’s generally three types: homemade cloth face mask; surgical mask ; N95 respirator; Let’s explore each of them in a little more detail ...