Wyatt Emory Cooper (September 1, 1927 – January 5, 1978) was an American author, screenwriter, and actor. He was the fourth husband of Vanderbilt heiress and socialite Gloria Vanderbilt and the father of CNN anchor Anderson Cooper.
Wyatt Cooper, Writer: The Chapman Report. Wyatt Cooper was born on September 1, 1927 in Quitman, Mississippi, USA as Wyatt Emory Cooper. He was an actor and writer, known for The Chapman Report (1962), Dorothy and Alan at Norma Place (1982) and The Glass House (1972). He was married to Gloria Vanderbilt. He died on January 5, 1978 in New York City, New York, USA.
- Wyatt Cooper
Jul 05, 2019 · WYATT EMORY COOPER. Wyatt was an actor, author and screenwriter who famously co-wrote the 1962 film “The Chapman Report,” starring Jane Fonda. He also collaborated with acclaimed writer Truman Capote in the TV movie script “The Glass House,” aired in 1972.
- Pedro Marrero
Author and film-script writer. He was the husband of heiress and fashion designer Gloria Vanderbilt, and father of CNN news anchor Anderson Cooper and the late Carter Cooper. He grew up in New Orleans and moved to New York in his twenties to pursue acting. At age 26 he appeared on Broadway in the cast of 'The Strong...
- 1 Sep 1927, Quitman, Clarke County, Mississippi, USA
- Cooper family plot located outisde of the Vanderbilt Mausoleum
- 5 Jan 1978 (aged 50), New York, New York County (Manhattan), New York, USA
- 14669135 · View Source
- Erin Laviola
- Wyatt Emory Cooper Was a Writer & Actor. Wyatt Emory Cooper spent his professional career in the creative sector. According to his profile on IMDB, Cooper began acting in the early 1950s.
- Wyatt Cooper Grew Up in Mississippi & Wrote a Book About His Family History. Wyatt Emory Cooper was born on September 3, 1927. He grew up on a farm near Quitman, Mississippi.
- Wyatt Cooper Married Gloria Vanderbilt in a ‘Quiet Civil Ceremomy’ in 1963. Wyatt Cooper and Gloria Vanderbilt tied the knot in 1963. It was his first marriage but the fourth for Vanderbilt.
- Cooper Died in 1978 After Suffering From Heart Issues. Wyatt Emory Cooper was married to Gloria Vanderbilt for 15 years before his death. His IMDB profile states that Cooper suffered from a series of heart attacks.
Apr 27, 2021 · Wyatt Emory Cooper Happy birthday, Wyatt Cooper! Anderson Cooper's infant son turned one year old on April 27, and the newscaster took to Instagram to celebrate the special milestone.
- 2 min
Jul 23, 1988 · Mr. Cooper, whose residence was given as 30 Beekman Place, was the elder of two sons from Ms. Vanderbilt's fourth marriage. His father was Wyatt Emory Cooper, an author and film-script writer. The ...
- Anderson Cooper. The youngest of Vanderbilt's sons, and also the best known, Anderson Cooper was born in 1967 to Vanderbilt and Wyatt Emory Cooper. As a young man he attended Dalton School in New York City and later studied political science at Yale University.
- Leopold Stanislaus Stokowski. Better known as Stan, Stokowski is Vanderbilt's oldest child, born in 1950, during her marriage to conductor Leopold Stokowski.
- Christopher Stokowski. Christopher Stokowski is the younger of Vanderbilt's two sons with Leopold Stokowski. Less is known about his life due to his longterm estrangement from Vanderbilt and her other children, and his general retreat from public life.
- Carter Vanderbilt Cooper. Born in 1965, Carter was the eldest of Vanderbilt's two sons with Wyatt Emory Cooper. His brother Anderson would later describe him as a gentle boy, interested in military history and politics though not one "suited for the rough-and-tumble of the game."
Anderson Cooper''s Father. An elderly gay friend who knew them both, says Wyatt Cooper and singer Johnny Ray were lovers. Wyatt wore a watch with an engraving from Johnny. Both born in 1927, Wyatt died in 1978 when Coop was 11. Johnny died in '90. Gloria was aware of the relationship, but ignored it. Wyatt was also Judy Holiday's best friend, btw.
- Amy Beeman
- Anderson Cooper’s Parents Came From Very Different Backgrounds. Anderson Cooper’s mom, Gloria, was born into the Vanderbilt family, one of the richest families in America in the 1800s and early 1900s who made their fortune in the railroad business.
- Anderson Cooper’s Brother Jumped Off of a Balcony in Front of Their Mother. In the second great tragedy to the Cooper family after Wyatt’s unexpected death was when his older brother Carter killed himself in 1988 by jumping off a 14th story building while their mother was pleading for him to get off the ledge.
- Anderson Cooper & His Mother Became Close After Carter’s Death and Remained That Way Until She died Last Year. When Carter killed himself in 1988, Anderson Cooper and Gloria Vanderbilt were all that was left of their nuclear family, thought Vanderbilt had two other sons from a previous marriage — More on that later.
- Cooper Has Two Half Brothers From One of His Mom’s Previous Marriages. Gloria Vanderbuilt had two sons before she met and married Wyatt Cooper from her second husband, the famous conductor Leopold Stokovski.