- Dick Clark interviews X - American Bandstand 1982youtube.com
- Simon Cowell PULLS a Girl From Her Band To Join NEW Girl Band | The X Factor UKyoutube.com
- PITCH PERFECT Boy Bands Audition For Got Talent, X Factor And Idols | Amazing Auditionsyoutube.com
- American History X The Way To Find Peace is to Stickyoutube.com
X are an American punk rock band, formed in Los Angeles, California, United States, in 1977. The original members are vocalist Exene Cervenka, vocalist-bassist John Doe, guitarist Billy Zoom and drummer D. J. Bonebrake. The band released seven studio albums from 1980 to 1993.
Yet, through all of the chaos, one thing is constant, music brings us together. Now, on the 40th Anniversary of the landmark, Los Angeles, and 35 years since the original band have released an album – X, one of the greatest Punk Rock bands in music history, releases ALPHABETLAND now.
X, American band whose tales of urban decay, corruption, and sleaze, delivered with skilled musicianship and unique vocal harmonies, marked them as important contributors to the punk movement. The original members were singer Exene Cervenka (original name Christine Cervenka; b.
THIS IS X's CHANNEL. We have a band cam...& we will use it eventually. Until then - we'll find some stuff for you. ~X~ "Three decades after the inception of X, one thing is clear: X was not only ...
X just wrapped a hugely successful Summer tour in June, July and September during which they were joined by Folk Uke, The Damned, Reverend Horton Heat, and Billy Idol before wrapping up with Squeeze in late September. Earlier this year the band re-entered the recording studio for the first time since 1984.
29.7k Followers, 183 Following, 470 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from punk rock from LA (@xthebandofficial)
- "Your Phone's Off the Hook, But You're Not" Even if its central metaphor has long since expired in the relevance department, this lead-off track from X's 1980 debut release, Los Angeles, reigns supreme as one of punk rock's all-time scorchers.
- "Johnny Hit and Run Paulene" The band doesn't calm things down for the record's follow-up track, as Zoom channels Chuck Berry in a blistering intro. Then Doe's fashionably bleak lyrics make their presence known with an unprecedented bluntness, as few pop/rock songs of any era have dared to choose date rape as a song topic.
- "Los Angeles" X's well-known title track from its debut is all alienation, communicating pain, confusion, and frustration consistently throughout Doe and Cervenka's shared lead vocals and, of course, when they trot out their strange but affecting harmonies.
- "We're Desperate" This jittery track with a machine gun rhythm from X's sophomore release loses none of the momentum built just a year earlier through the band's auspicious debut.
Find X discography, albums and singles on AllMusic. Influential L.A. punk band known for an exhilarating blend of punk, rockabilly, and blues, with a sound and style that outlived the movement.
Steeped in poetry and class issues, X was the first L.A. punk band to fully incorporate a dark West Coast sensibility. Singer/lyricists/spouses John Doe and Exene Cervenka forged a stray-cat approach to vocal harmonies while spieling reports on crash-pad sex and drugs, casual hatred, and the occasional spotting of the "idle rich."
Click to view our newest products for 2020 -- You're sure to find the perfect look for your band, colorguard, or dance team! MARCHING FOR THE CURE American Band is proud to donate a portion of the proceeds from the sales of these items to support cancer research.