Early life Birth and childhood. Arafat was born in Cairo, Egypt. His father, Abdel Raouf al-Qudwa al-Husseini, was a Palestinian from Gaza City, whose mother, Yasser's paternal grandmother, was Egyptian.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasser_Arafat
- What Killed Arafat? l Al Jazeera Investigationsyoutube.com
- Fifteen years since mysterious death of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafatyoutube.com
- Yasser Arafat interview | PLO Leader | Palestinian |1978youtube.com
- Killing Arafat l Al Jazeera Investigationsyoutube.com
Yasser Arafat, also spelled Yāsir ʿArafāt, byname of Muḥammad ʿAbd al-Raʾūf al-Qudwah al-Ḥusaynī, also called Abū ʿAmmār, (born August 24?, 1929, Cairo?, Egypt [ see Researcher’s Note ]—died November 11, 2004, Paris, France), president (1996–2004) of the Palestinian Authority (PA), chairman (1969–2004) of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), and leader of Fatah, the largest of the constituent PLO groups.
Arafat developed the PLO into a state within the state of Jordan with its own military forces. King Hussein of Jordan, disturbed by its guerrilla attacks on Israel and other violent methods, eventually expelled the PLO from his country.
- Arafat Continues Cosmetic Reshuffling(Updated Thursday 10 AM) PLO-leader Yasser Arafat continues his hokey-pokey style cabinet reshuffling process. Yesterday Arafat appointed former Preventative Security Services Chief, Muhammad Dahlan, as his new national security advisor. Many analysts say ...Arutz Sheva2 days ago
- Writer VJ James releases young author Yasser Arafat's debut novelMathrubhumi2 weeks ago
- Investigation Proves Israel Killed Former Palestinian Leader Yasser ArafatRadio Havana Cuba2 weeks ago
Yasser Arafat was chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization from 1969 until his death in 2004, a tumultuous period in which clashes with neighboring Israel were prevalent.
Yasir Arafat was born Muhammad 'Abd Ar-Ra'uf Al-Qudwah Al-Husayni on August 24, 1929 in Cairo, Egypt, to a Palestinian father and an Egyptian mother. He was raised in Cairo but always considered himself Palestinian.
- Additional Crew
- August 24, 1929
- Yasser Arafat
- November 11, 2004
Nov 11, 2004 · In 1974, Yasser Arafat addressed the UN General Assembly. He said he was holding an olive branch for peace in one hand and a freedom fighter's pistol in the other. Twenty years later he and the Israeli leaders Peres and Rabin received the Peace Prize for having opted for the olive branch by signing the so-called Oslo Accords in Washington.
Yasser Arafat, who was the President of the Palestinian National Authority and Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization, died unexpectedly on 11 November 2004, 75 years of age, after a short period of illness. The cause of his death has since been debated. In 2013, Al-Jazeera revealed that he had been poisoned with a dose of polonium.
Mohammed Yasser Abdel Rahman Abdel Raouf Arafat al-Qudwa Al-Husseini, more commonly known as Yasser Arafat was the fifth of seven children born to a Palestinian textile merchant on August 24, 1929.
Nov 13, 2004 · Arafat, then named Muhammad Abdel Rahman Abdel Rauf al-Qudwa al-Husseini, is fifth child of prosperous merchant, Abdel Raouf al-Qudwa al-Husseini. – 1933: Arafat’s mother dies. He and his infant brother are sent to live with uncle in Jerusalem.
- related to: Yasser Arafat
amazon.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month