Dec 11, 2011 · A Walk in the Woods – Book Club Discussion Questions Published December 11, 2011 by rf416rf. 1. What do you think of the title of the book, A Walk in the Woods: ...
• Generic Discussion Questions—Fiction and Nonfiction • Read-Think-Talk (a guided reading chart) Also consider these LitLovers talking points to help get a discussion started for Walk in the Woods: 1. One of the most interesting aspects of this book is the unlikely friendship between Bryson and Katz. What is the relationship based on?
A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail Bill Bryson, 1999 Knopf Doubleday 274 pp. ISBN-13: 9780307279460 Summary For reasons even he didn't understand, Bill Bryson decided in 1996 to walk the 2,100-mile Appalachian trail.
Dec 02, 2015 · A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson A laugh-out-loud account of an outrageously rugged hike--by the beloved comic author of Lost Continent and Notes from a Small Island. Published in the 75th anniversary year of the Appalachian Trail.
So, A Walk in the Woods is not simply an out-of-shape, middle-aged man's desire to prove that he can still accomplish a major physical task; it's also a plea for the conservation of America's last wilderness. Bryson's telling is a knee-slapping, laugh-out-loud funny trek through the woods, with a touch of science and history thrown in for good ...
May 05, 1998 · I really enjoyed A Walk in the Woods, the first book I've read by Bill Bryson. I enjoyed Part 1, where Katz was Bryson's trail companion, more than Part 2 but still liked all of it. The book has a very good balance of story, humor (including plenty of sarcasm), and Appalachian Trail history and information.
- Mass Market Paperback
Dec 11, 2011 · A Walk in the Woods – Book Club Discussion Questions Published December 11, 2011 by rf416rf. ... The Hunger Games – Book Club Discussion Questions and Answers;
Readers’ questions about Grandma Gatewood's Walk: The Inspiring Story of the Woman Who Saved the Appalachian Trail. 4 questions answered.
Each month we choose an outdoor book to read and discuss while hitting the trails near Seattle. This outdoor book club is geared toward women, but is open to anyone and everyone. Babies, kids and well-behaved dogs are all welcome, the more the merrier! The best way to get the monthly book selections and meetup info is to join our Facebook Group.
- Which US state does Bill come from? Iowa. Vermont. Nebraska. Pennsylvania. NEXT>
- What was the topic of articles that Bill's mother (Mary Bryson) wrote for the Des Moines (Iowa) Register? Travel tips. Advice to the Lovelorn. Home furnishings.
- Bill's book about Australia was released in Britain as "Down Under" but by what name was the book sold in America? G'day Mate. Notes From a Dangerous Place.
- What was Bill's FIRST book to make the New York Times Best Seller list? The Lost Continent. The Mother Tongue. Neither Here Nor There. A Walk in the Woods. NEXT>
- related to: a walk-in the woods book club questions
landing.bookbub.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month
kinkale.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month