Aaron Sorkin, Writer: The West Wing. Aaron Sorkin grew up in Scarsdale, a suburb of New York City where he was very involved in his high school drama and theater club. After graduating from Syracuse University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theater, Sorkin intended to pursue a career in acting. It took him only a short time to realize that his true love, and his true talent, lay in ...
Aaron Benjamin Sorkin (born June 9, 1961) is an American playwright, screenwriter, actor, television writer, television producer, and film director. Born in New York City, Sorkin developed a passion for writing at an early age.
- Julia Bingham, (m. 1996; div. 2005)
- Syracuse University
Director Aaron Sorkin ( Molly's Game (2017)). 35. Today (1952– ) Actress Rebel Wilson ("Pitch Perfect 3"); "Hassle-Free Holidays"; "Today Food"; "Rossen Reports"; "Today Toy Drive"; director Aaron Sorkin ("Molly's Game"); Grace Avery VanderWaal performs; what to order now to arrive for Christmas;
See Aaron Sorkin full list of movies and tv shows from their career. Find where to watch Aaron Sorkin's latest movies and tv shows
- Adam Chitwood
- The Social Network. “You are probably going to be a very successful computer person. But you’re going to go through life thinking that girls don’t like you because you’re a nerd.
- Steve Jobs. “It’s not binary. You can be decent and gifted at the same time.” Speaking of films that shouldn’t work, Sorkin took on the unenviable task of writing a Steve Jobs biopic and ended up crafting one of the best and most original biographical films ever made.
- Moneyball. “I know these guys. I know the way they think, and they will erase us. And everything we’ve done here, none of it’ll matter. Any other team wins the World Series, good for them.
- A Few Good Men. “I strenuously object? Is that how it works? Hm? ‘ Objection.’ ‘ Overruled.’ ‘ Oh, no, no, no. No, I strenuously object.’ ‘ Oh, well if you strenuously object then I should take some time to reconsider.’”
- Charlie Wilson’s War. Beginning at the bottom, this regrettable 2008 misfire saw Sorkin test the limits of Tom Hanks’ legendary likability by asking the actor to play the real-life Congressman responsible for arming Al Qaeda colleagues the Mujahideen.
- Steve Jobs. Where David Fincher’s cool, measured direction helped tone down the more dramatic flourishes of The Social Network’s screenplay, Trainspotting director Danny Boyle proves a bad match for the writer in this uneven biopic.
- Molly’s Game. A crime drama anchored by Jessica Chastain’s solid performance in the title role, Molly’s Game is Sorkin’s 2017 directorial debut and the movie proves that as far as directors go, he’s a great writer.
- Enemy of the State. This one is low less because of quality and more because of Sorkin’s limited involvement. The screenwriter only added uncredited rewrites to Rumble Fish s creenwriter David Marconi’s original screenplay, a tense and blackly comic spy thriller for the ages.
- "The Social Network" (2010) Sorkin’s filmic output can’t compare to his work on television. But “The Social Network” is Sorkin’s crowning achievement.
- “The American President” (1995) Pure joy. “The American President” is not based on a true story. It’s not adapting an acclaimed New York Times best-seller.
- “Moneyball” (2011) Sorkin is best when adapting events that (on the page) don’t appear inherently cinematic. “Moneyball” is a film about number-crunching statisticians obsessed with a calculable solution to sport.
- “Charlie Wilson’s War” (2007) This one is just fun. Re-watching director Mike Nichols’ biopic of the Texas congressmen (Tom Hanks), it’s clear Sorkin’s work plays better if it's, well, playful.
Jul 22, 2021 · Aaron Sorkin has wrapped his highly-anticipated film Being the Ricardos. The film, written and directed by Sorkin, is set during one production week of I Love Lucy, a Monday table read through...
Jul 20, 2021 · Paulina Porizkova and Aaron Sorkin have called it quits. The 56-year-old model and actress took to her Instagram on Tuesday to share the news of her breakup from the writer-director, writing, "it ...
Jul 22, 2021 · The former Sports Illustrated Swimsuit star just announced that she and screenwriter Aaron Sorkin have called it quits on their relationship. The 56-year-old supermodel posed topless on social media with her friend and actress Liz Carey. On Tuesday, she shared a photo of her and Sorkin walking together and smiling.