Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1988. 1988 (MCMLXXXVIII) was a leap year starting on Friday of the Gregorian calendar, the 1988th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 988th year of the 2nd millennium, the 88th year of the 20th century, and the 9th year of the 1980s decade.
History. The MLA Handbook grew out of the initial MLA Style Sheet of 1951 (revised in 1970), a 28-page "more or less official" standard. The first five editions, published between 1977 and 1999 were titled the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations.
- The MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers
- xiv + 146
- Modern Language Association of America
People also ask
How to cite a Wikipedia article in MLA 8 format?
What is MLA 8 format?
How is the year AD related to the year BC?
What was going on in 1988 in the US?
While MLA 8th edition recommends including URLs, make sure the URL you use is a permalink or use a DOI. Because library databases require a login, the URL in the address bar may stop working after the session ends.
- Rosalind Bucy
Works Cited; Structure: Last, First M. “Article Title.” Encyclopedia Name, edited by Editor’s First Name Last Name, Edition if not first edition, Volume number, Publisher Name, Year published, Page number(s).
Manually cite a Wikipedia article in MLA 8 format; There are two ways to cite a Wikipedia article in MLA 8 format. Automatically cite a Wikipedia article in MLA 8 format. The easiest way is to use our citation generator below. Simply select the style you need to format your citation in, then paste the URL for the Wikipedia article into the ...
- Start by crediting Wikipedia Contributors. Since Wikipedia articles are written by many volunteers, there isn't a single author you can cite. However, you can credit the many volunteers who wrote the article.
- Follow this with the name of the article in quotation marks. The title of the article is the subject of the article. For instance, if you are citing an article about blueberries, the title of the article would be "Blueberry".
- Credit Wikipedia in italics. The full name of Wikipedia is Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Italicize this and put it after the article title, followed by a period.
- Credit Wikipedia with no italics. Wikipedia is both the website and the publisher of your article, so you have to list it twice. This time, don't italicize Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia.
The terms anno Domini (AD) and before Christ (BC) are used to label or number years in the Julian and Gregorian calendars. The term anno Domini is Medieval Latin and means "in the year of the Lord",  but is often presented using "our Lord" instead of "the Lord",   taken from the full original phrase " anno Domini nostri Jesu Christi ...
Citing encyclopedia MLA style is one of those reliable methods that will make your essay much better and keep it within academic writing standards. Our MLA citation guide offers the list of examples that will serve as a good starting point.
Local embassy – For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English. Reference desk – Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects. Site news – Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- related to: ad 1988 wikipedia encyclopedia articles mla