People also ask
What percentage of the US population are African Americans?
What states have the least number of black people?
Black Population in US: 47.8 million, 14.6% In 2019 US Census Bureau estimated 48,221,139 African Americans in the United States which is 14.7% of the total American population of 328.2 Million. This includes those who identify as ‘Black Only’ and as ‘Black in combination with another race’.
Free Blacks as a percentage out of the total Black population by U.S. region and U.S. state between 1790 and 1860. In 1865, all enslaved Blacks (African-Americans) in the United States were emancipated as a result of the Thirteenth Amendment.
48.2 million The Black population, either alone or in combination with one or more races, in the United States in 2019. 30.7% The percentage of the employed Black population age 16 and older working in management, business, science and arts occupations in 2019.
Apr 05, 2021 · Overview (Demographics): In 2019, 40.6 million people in the United States were non-Hispanic black alone, which represents 12.8 percent of the total population. Blacks/African Americans are the second largest minority population in the United States, following the Hispanic/Latino population.
Jan 07, 2021 · National African-American (Black) History Month: February 2020 To commemorate and celebrate the contributions to our nation made by people of African descent, historian Carter G. Woodson established Black History Week.
In 1900, when the U.S. population was 76 million, there were 66.8 million White Americans in the United States, representing 88% of the total population, 8.8 million Black Americans, with about 90% of them still living in Southern states, and slightly more than 500,000 Hispanics.
- Mississippi. Population: 2,984,418. Rank Last Year: 1 (No Change) Percent African American: 37.6% Percent African American 2010: 36.9% Percent Change: 3.4%
- Louisiana. Population: 4,664,362. Rank Last Year: 2 (No Change) Percent African American: 32.0% Percent African American 2010: 31.6% Percent Change: 6.8% More On Louisiana: Photos | Rent.
- Georgia. Population: 10,403,847. Rank Last Year: 3 (No Change) Percent African American: 31.2% Percent African American 2010: 30.0% Percent Change: 14.1% More On Georgia: Photos | Rent.
- Maryland. Population: 6,018,848. Rank Last Year: 4 (No Change) Percent African American: 29.4% Percent African American 2010: 28.9% Percent Change: 7.5% More On Maryland: Photos | Rent.
According to US Census Bureau data, very few African immigrants self-identify as "African-American" (as "African-American" is usually referring to blacks with deeply rooted ancestry dating back to the US slave period as discussed in the previous paragraph.) On average, less than 5% of African residents self-reported as "African-American" or ...
- related to: african americans population in america
faxines.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month